Skip to comments.REAL IMMIGRATION REFORM (Jeff Sessions asks POTUS canidates 15 specific immigration questions)
Posted on 01/24/2008 7:16:06 PM PST by ding_dong_daddy_from_dumas
REAL IMMIGRATION REFORM
A Roadmap for Demonstrating Presidential Credibility on One of Americas Most Important Issues
I. SECURE THE BORDER 1. Border Fence and National Guard: If elected President, will you secure the border, including completing construction of the 700 mile southern border fence required by the Secure Fence Act, constructing more miles if needed, and keeping the National Guard on the border until it is secured? .Yes or . No
2. Border Prosecutions: If elected President, will you deter illegal entry by expanding the already successful Zero Tolerance Prosecution Policy (Operation Streamline) from 3 to all 20 border sectors, and support statutory mandatory minimums for the crimes of illegal entry, reentry, and reentry after deportation for any felony? .Yes or . No
3. Control Visa Overstays: If elected President, will you give our immigration system integrity by completing the 10-year past due exit portion of The USVISIT (Visitor and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology) system and eliminate other weaknesses in the system so that future visa overstays can be identified? .Yes or . No
II. END THE MAGNET AT THE WORKPLACE
4. Enforceable Employer Verification System: If elected President, will you end the jobs magnet by requiring all employers to use the electronic verification system to check the legal status of all employees, reduce fraud by decreasing the number of documents employers must accept to prove legal status, and will you offer cooperating employers a safe harbor? .Yes or . No
5. Biometric ID Card For All Non-Citizens: If elected President, will you require a biometric (fingerprint encoded) identification card for all aliens authorized to work? .Yes or . No
6. Eliminate Identity Theft: If elected President, will you increase security for legal workers by requiring social security earnings statements to list all employers reporting wages under an individuals social security number so that fraudulent use of that number can be spotted and will you fight to keep using "no match notices" as evidence that employers knew they were employing an illegal alien under a social security number issued to someone else? .Yes or . No
III. STATE AND LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT
7. Form Effective Partnerships: If elected President, will you form effective immigration enforcement partnerships with state and local law enforcement by clarifying their authority to enforce federal immigration laws, deputizing state and local officers in every state (through the 287(g) program), offering a basic training course for all state and local officers, and compensating state and local entities for immigration enforcement related expenses? .Yes or . No
8. Federal Response To State And Local Arrests: If elected President, will you promptly evaluate the 27% of prisoners that are non-citizens so that illegal alien criminals can be processed and deported at the end of their sentences, and will you implement a mandatory federal response to state and local law enforcement when they apprehend an illegal alien for a DUI, child abuse crime, or any felony? .Yes or . No
9. End Catch and Release: If elected President, will you put an end to the existing policy that allows illegal aliens caught inside our country to be released on bail after their arrest while they await their initial court appearance? .Yes or . No
10. List Illegal Aliens In the NCIC: If elected President, will you immediately expand the National Crime Information Centers (NCIC) Immigration Violators File to include: (A) aliens against whom a final order of removal has been issued; (B) aliens who have signed a voluntary departure agreement; (C) aliens who have overstayed their authorized period of stay; and (D) aliens whose visas have been revoked? .Yes or . No
IV. DISCOURAGE SANCTUARIES
11. Deny Federal Funds: If elected President, will you encourage compliance with Federal law by implementing a reduction of at least 10% of discretionary federal grants and highway funds to cities, states, universities, and other entities that undermine Federal law by implementing sanctuary policies, issuing drivers licenses to illegal aliens, or offering education benefits to illegal aliens (such as in-state tuition) that are not available to all legal residents and citizens? .Yes or . No
12. Close Financial Loopholes: If elected President, will you rewrite the Treasury regulations to close the loophole that allows illegal aliens to open U.S. based bank accounts? .Yes or . No
V. IMPROVE THE LEGAL IMMIGRATION PROCESS
13. Replace Visa Lottery and Chain Migration with Merit Based Immigration System: If elected President, will you eliminate the visa lottery program and change current preference categories that guarantee automatic entry for aging parents and extended family members and replace it with a system that fairly and objectively evaluates at least 50% of applicants based on characteristics such as education, skills, English ability, and age? .Yes or . No
14. Pathway to Citizenship: If elected President, will you take a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens off the table? .Yes or . No
15. Seek Necessary Authority: If elected President, will you ask Congress for necessary laws or funds to execute these commitments? .Yes or . No By signing this document, I express to the American people that I understand the challenges of ending illegal immigration, I am personally committed to that goal, and I will take the actions reasonable and necessary to achieve it.
(Signature of Candidate) (Date)
I wonder if Romney, Giuliani, Huckabee, and McCain will respond. I do not expect the Dems to respond, because obviously they want to avoid the subject as much as possible unless they can snipe at each other over some immigration issue like Hillary's licences for illegals (see question 11).
I’m so glad this guy is my Senator. Maybe the best man in the Senate right now...
>>Maybe the best man in the Senate right now...<<
He really knows his stuff. He’s probably too good a man to be elected POTUS though.
>>>>Im so glad this guy is my Senator. Maybe the best man in the Senate right now...
That’s what it looks like from up here in Virginia.
He’s a man of intelligence and integrity.
After the love fest for Sessions ends, we should focus on the answers, if we ever see any of them.
Jeff Sessions, Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn are the three best senators in America. I won’t argue about the order, but the country would be in great shape if each had 32 other colleagues just like them. Hillary could be the 100th senator just so the other 99 could be reminded what satan thinks.
I too am proud to have voted for Sen. Sessions twice. I will vote for him regardless of the office. He is a man of integrity who is serving his Nation, State, and fellow citizens well.
Too bad that can’t be said of more elected officials.
I wish he would have added a commitment to pass enabling legislation to enforce the Jurisdiction clause of the 14th Amendment so that there would be no more anchor-babies.
and no more free medical, school, everything else.
>>After the love fest for Sessions ends, we should focus on the answers, if we ever see any of them.<<
I doubt that the MSM will do much to raise awareness, even though these are exactly the type of specific questions we net in this Presidential race. Lou Dobbs will cover it, but Fox has really become a RINO station or worse, with some of its people even praising Hillary on various issues.
Needs a couple of items, IMHO:
1. English as national language
2. End anchor-baby misreading of 14th amendment (part of 1986 immigration reform act)
If you want to get them moving to the exit faster, offer a bounty to citizens who identify illegal aliens and their employees; also, tell illegals that any caught in the country after a 30-day grace period will be barred forever, along with their descendants, from this country...
He doesn’t even mention guest workers.
Now that Thompson and Hunter have been summarily dismissed by the majority of voters and finance providers, I will be really surprised to hear much more about this subject.
>>He doesnt even mention guest workers.<<
We already have guest worker programs. Why do we need new categories?
That’s because Jeff isn’t against guest workers.
>>Now that Thompson and Hunter have been summarily dismissed by the majority of voters and finance providers, I will be really surprised to hear much more about this subject.<<
The Dems, the MSM, and the RINO OBLs would like Sessions to shut up. But they were surprised amnesty was defeated last year. We’ll see.
Latest OVERALL Presidential Candidate Ratings On IMMIGRATION
How Good Are The Promises of Each Candidate to PROTECT Workers, Communities and Taxpayers FROM OVER-IMMIGRATION?
(SEE TEXT TO LEFT AND BELOW FOR HOW POINTS WERE ASSIGNED ON 36-POINT SCALE ... NumbersUSA does NOT endorse candidates.)
# Mitt Romney
# RON PAUL
# MIKE HUCKABEE
# RUDY GIULIANI
# JOHN McCAIN
# JOHN EDWARDS
# HILLARY CLINTON
# BARACK OBAMA
Please note that our ratings do NOT amount to endorsements. Nor do they convey anything about the character, the strength or any other positions about the candidates. We know that every one of these candidates has supporters among the users of NumbersUSA for a lot of different reasons.
Here’s the list of 15 questions from Sessions.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.