Skip to comments.Top 10 Reasons Why the Media Want Clinton, Part Deux
Posted on 12/19/2007 6:03:03 AM PST by IrishMike
Several months ago, Hillary Clintons campaign website ran a banner story called, The Top 10 Reasons to Support Hillary for President and Help Make History. That list is now gone from the site, undoubtedly because her own team is having a hard time scraping up one reason to support her.
In honor of their delightful love of listmaking, I offer the Clinton Ladies Intervention Team a substitute list, one that I hope will bring them hope in this joyous season.
The Top Ten Reasons Why the Media Want a Third Clinton Co-Presidency:
1. Norman Hsu-Gate. This is a wonderful catch-all category for the illegal or unethical fundraising done by the Clinton campaign over the past year (please note this only applies to Hillarys fundraising irregularities and not the phone-book-sized dossier of improper fundraising done during their first co-presidency.) Mr. Hsu, a businessman who raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the campaign before it was revealed hed been charged in California with fraud, has been accused of illegally bundling donations to her to get around campaign finance rules. In totally predictable fashion for a Clintonista, he went on the lam, eventually having a nervous breakdown and was then arrested. In addition, a December 15 fundraising event for Hillary at the home of Mississippi trial lawyer Richard Scruggs was called off, after Scruggs was indicted twp weeks ago for bribery. And the money keeps rollin in from every side.
2. Green Paint-Gate. Related to Norman Hsu-Gate, but with its own distinct characteristics. The Paw familys address is a tiny house in California with peeling green paint and an overgrown lawn. It looks like a crack den, but somehow they managed to come up with $45,000 for Hillarys campaign. This amazing feat of financial wizardry was repeated many times throughout New York Citys Chinatown, with dishwashers and seamstresses donating tens of thousands of their hard-earned dollars to support Hillary. They must have taken her advice and played the cattle futures by reading the Wall Street Journal.
3. Alcee Hastings-Gate. Pop quiz: How many presidential candidates have made the head of their Florida campaign a judge who was impeached for corruption? Answer: None of them, except Hillary Clinton.
4. Iraq-Gate. Former president Bill Clinton had a sudden lapse of memory about his past position on Iraq. Hed supported the invasion in 2003 and the removal of Saddam Hussein -- as president, hed signed the Iraq Liberation Act. But three weeks ago, he skated right past the truth and said he was opposed to Iraq from the beginning. I guess he thinks hes invisible to YouTube.
5. The Estrogen Card-Gate. Vote for me because Im a woman! But dont pick on me because Im a delicate flower that cant handle it! But I can handle it because Im experienced! But I cant handle it because Im a woman! Which brings us back to why you should vote for me! But dont pile on me!
6. Yes/No-Gate. Senator Clinton, are you for a withdrawal from Iraq? Yes/No! Ive moved on! Senator Clinton, are you for drivers licenses for illegals? Yes/No! Ive moved on! Senator Clinton, are you still taking money from shady characters? Yes/No! Ive moved on! Senator, did you know that your brothers were selling pardons out of the back door of the White House? Yes/No! Ive moved on!
7. Vin Gupta-Gate. Hes Hillarys buddy, whose company, InfoUSA, is under investigation for many things, including selling the names of Alzheimers and dementia patients to sleazeballs so they could clean out their bank accounts. Meanwhile, Gupta was flying Hillary around America on his private jet.
8. Sandy Berger-Gate. Convicted liar, thief, and obstructer of justice joined Hillarys Team as an informal foreign policy adviser (because he was such an inspired choice as their National Security Adviser.) Are those top secret documents in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
9. Playboy-Gate. A few months ago, Bill Clinton was photographed with his bosom buddies: Los Angeles billionaires and fellow swingers, Ron Burkle and Steve Bing. They were in the City of Love, Paris, whooping it up during a boys trip. It doesnt get better than Bill on the loose with a refill for Viagra.
10. Bill-Gate. Melting down on Charlie Rose. Trying to out-Oprah Oprah. Schlepping through the snows of Iowa in a $6000 bespoke suit. Screaming at her that hes giving up his play date with Burkle and Bing for a losing campaign. Taking over the reins like we always knew he would, destroying any pretense that shes running on her own.
For all of these reasons (and myriad more!), the media want to see a third Clinton co-presidency. They cant imagine anything more horrible than a Romney presidency. A Mormon? Boring!
The media cannot spend four years -- forget about eight! -- covering a dull guy. It would be like covering Dwight Eisenhower. Theyll curl up and die with a president who never has any scandal, doesnt chase skirts, doesnt eat meat, and raises money legally. The media need the Clintons. They need the outrageousness. Scandal sells. And nobody does scandal like the Clintons.
Her very existence will energize the electorate as never before.
Or she will put so many people on government assistance that they will continue to vote Democrat. There will be more of them than us.
This thread MUST have a picture!
“Clinton Ladies Intervention Team”
How Monica Crowley can stand her brother in law Alan Colmes is beyond me.
General Jaruzelski's (sp?) Polish army didn't fire on the polish people when ordered to do so by the Kremlin in order to stop the strike at Gdansk. It was this strike that ignited the devolution of the Soviet Empire and the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989. We aren't as downtrodden as the Poles - Hillary! and company are fooling themselves if they think they can take over by means of force.
Now that I've recovered, she did forget a few things, like Vince Foster, Ron Brown, etc.
Which one of Monica's brothers is married to Alan Colmes?
I keep flashing on Jay's speech in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Innocent!! Oh, sorry wrong thread :)
#11..most reporters are used to spelling clinton
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.