Skip to comments.Fourteen Signposts to Slavery (None Dare Call it Conspiracy)
Posted on 09/21/2007 7:51:58 PM PDT by Old 300
1. Restrictions on taking money out of the country and on the establishment or retention of a foreign bank account by an American citizen.
2. Abolition of private ownership of hand guns.
3. Detention of individuals without judicial process.
4. Requirements that private financial transactions be keyed to social security numbers or other government identification so that government records of these transactions can be kept and fed into a computer.
5. Use of compulsory education laws to forbid attendance at presently existing private schools.
6. Compulsory non-military service.
7. Compulsory psychological treatment for non-government workers or public school children.
8. An official declaration that anti-Communist organizations are subversive and subsequent legal action taken to suppress them.
9. Laws limiting the number of people allowed to meet in a private home.
10. Any significant change in passport regulations to make passports more difficult to obtain or use.
11. Wage and price controls, especially in a non-wartime situation
12. Any kind of compulsory registration with the government of where individuals work.
13. Any attempt to restrict freedom of movement within the United States.
14. Any attempt to make a new major law by executive decree (that is, actually put into effect, not merely authorized as by existing executive orders.)
As you are no doubt aware President Nixon already has invoked numbers 1, 14 and 14.
(Excerpt) Read more at reactor-core.org ...
15. New Jersey
I had no idea Nixon had a stutter, but apparently he ordered 1, 14 and 14, so hey! New info!
An updated list would be interesting.
The list describes Soviet Russia pretty well as far as it goes.
16. Western California and New York City.
LOL! Nasty but true.
16. UCAPA - Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act
How to catch wild pigs
It has more relevance than you might first think.
Thanks for the link. 1957 was a bit before my time. Nowadays we see almost the opposite behavior from radical leftists. Here’s something a bit more current:
Methodist Camp Tax Exemption Revoked for Not Hosting Same-Sex Union
IRD ^ | 20 Sep 07 | Loralei Coyle
Posted on 09/21/2007 8:15:18 PM PDT by xzins
They weren’t stopped. The committee was disbanded. The results are here. Now. We’re living them, as your headline above shows.
How about re-education classes that are mandatory—like the sexual harassment and offensive language “seminars”?
Someone should have posted this behind the speakers podium at the NRA.
I DO like that poster!
Problem is the Road to Serfdom—by Hayek— 1984 by George Orwell-—and many other books have been written Even the Bible remains a best seller — but reading a book is never enough is it.
And the Klan was begun by Democrats to push /or keep the
South from supporting the Republicans.
Thanks, I had not run into it until now. I usually skip over articles with titles like that...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.