Posted on 09/20/2007 1:51:44 PM PDT by BigFinn
During the last week of July, fire officials in the Bay Area city of Campbell reported that two men had been seen videotaping routine activities at a fire station.
The men were reportedly in their 20s or early 30s, and one was using a sophisticated news media-style camera.
When firefighters attempted to talk with the men, they reportedly jumped into a waiting car and sped off.
The incident prompted the Sacramento Regional Terrorism Threat Assessment Center to send out a request for Northern California fire stations to watch for similar incidents, and report them immediately.
The day the request went out, Sept. 6, a second, similar incident was reported at a fire station in Yuba City.
According to officials, a fire captain encountered two men parked outside the city's main fire station. One of the men got out and allegedly began taking pictures of the fire station's administration building. When the captain approached the men, to tell them they were in a no-parking zone, the photographer jumped in the vehicle and the men left.
The man who took the photos was described as being between 30 and 40 years of age.
On Sept. 12, Fresno Fire Department officials spotted two men in a vehicle allegedly observing activities at a fire training center. When questioned, the driver reportedly said they were just checking things out, then left immediately.
Two days later, on Sept. 14, personnel from the Sacramento Metro Fire Department noticed two men taking photos
(Excerpt) Read more at chicoer.com ...
Probably Amish tourists.......................
Um, let me make a WILD stab in the dark. Were they Middle Eastern? Were they planning some jihad something? just a hunch. I think those guys should be videotaped right back, first weapon.
Take a cell phone picture of people and their cars first, ask questions second.
If they were, surely the media would have told us, after all, the public has a right to know. And journalism is a high calling because they help keep Americans free.
Like those guys in Seattle. Just minding their own business.
Well known tactic in the middle east...
Stage an incident (or explosion) that requires first responders and then the 2nd explosion targets the first responders.
I read on Glenn Beck site about some large scale school evacuation in NJ today. I didn’t see a thing on FR...anybody have info on that?
NO! How can you even think such a thing? Can’t you read? They were in teir 20s or 30s period, and that’s all there is to know. /s
And whatever became of the postcard Jihad bomb threats to the Florida schools posted FreeRepublic on 9/17?
Exactly, bttt
ACLU will be on this in a heart beat
They are doing the same thing inside and outside of corporations all the time.
That’s another story I haven’t seen any further info on.
Yep, eyewitness reports are notoriously wrong. These Amish perps likely jumped into their horse-drawn get-away buggy, not a car
That was Emerson, NJ, area. I can’t find the thread right now.
No description of the guys? Hmm.
Maybe we should start posting video cameramen at all the mosques.
Thanks, the blurb I read just said it was literally a whole school district that decided to evacuate based on one bomb threat...I found that odd.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.