Skip to comments.Giuliani doubters in for Rudy awakening
Posted on 03/18/2007 1:31:23 AM PDT by JohnSheppard
The same Beltway experts who declared Sen. John McCain of Arizona the GOP front-runner, even as he under-polled fellow presidential contender Rudolph Giuliani, now parrot equally dodgy concepts. When Republicans meet the real Rudy, they will abandon New Yorks former mayor like cattle fleeing a burning barn. Then, the wobbly Washington wisdom continues, Giulianis three marriages, and his less-than-solidly-right-wing views on gays, guns and gametes will torpedo his buoyant presidential hopes.
These seers now detect unhappiness with the GOP aspirants. They cite a recent Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll in which 26 percent of Republican primary voters were dissatisfied with Giuliani, McCain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, among others. However, 56 percent called these choices satisfactory. This mirrors the 57 percent of conservative Republicans who preferred Giuliani, versus 31 percent for McCain. More broadly, Republicans backed Giuliani by 38 percent to McCains 24, former House Speaker Newt Gingrichs 10, Romneys 8, and 2 percent each for Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
But what if voters like Giuliani better upon understanding his pre-9/11 performance? Educating Republicans on his complete mayoral record - and soon - may be Giulianis best bet for extinguishing the lingering grumbling about his candidacy.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.bostonherald.com ...
Yeah, a huge victory for Stalinist who believe in ruling with absolute authority. Once Rudy does away the the 2nd-Amendment the people of this country will no longer be citizens, but subjects of his new Socialist Utopia.
I have to disagree with you. Rudy seems to be more of a fascist than a marxist.
"I have to disagree with you. Rudy seems to be more of a fascist than a marxist."
Hummm, correction accepted. ;-)
Since I was here before you guys were, I'll let you leave whenever you want.
You guys are ridiculous.
Giuliani is more conservative than most other Republicans on issues like school choice, poverty, and trade. On health care, for example, Giuliani insists that we need to have free market solutions.
This is not the agenda of Hillary Clinton. While Giuliani's positions on abortion and guns are bad, the overall good outweighs the bad. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy making the Dems talk about 911 every day throughout 2008.
I finnaly figured it out ...
It's like that web site that tells you to vote for the worst on the American idol show.
All these folks are sitting back and laughing as rudy stays in the race.
But it's all in fun right ... come on everyone , lets VOTE FOR THE WORST .
What a hoot.
Rush has said this many times: our side is looking for ANYONE who will step up and be a leader. Even if he only leads on the 30% of the things we agree on, if he beats the Dems and jerks their leash on those issues while ignoring the others, he will have the OVERWHELMING support of the conservative voters.
So far, Rudy has not done that satisfactorily, and Romney completely whiffed on the Ann Coulter thing. But mark my words on this: whoever establishes himself as a "lead dog" willing to fight the Dems on SOME issues---ANY issues---and make them submissive will get the all the support in the world, regardless of his positions on some or even many issues.
Deroy Murdock: Rudy Giuliani's Monica Lewinski.
Thankfully its a while till D Day.....and we all know that lots can happen between now and then......Hopefully we won't have to make a choice regarding Rudy
I'm still hopeful for Fred or Duncan....
But if it does come down to a Rudy-Hillary vote....in order to have a clear conscience I will write in Duncan or Newt or Fred....
I'm a one issue voter...one issue at a time which includes big government, RTBA, abortion, WOT, political correctness, CFR, entitlements and the list goes on and on and one. I'm a Conservative first and foremost. If the Republican party can't serve up a Republican candidate that is a conservative I'll either vote third party (if there is a candidate that is a conservative) or write myself in again as I did in 2004.
Here is a list that will help in assesing the candidates. I know it's a surprise that this isn't a pro or anti-rudy list. Some of the emphasis on nuclear war may seem a little out of date but overall it's a good guide to go by.
On Jan. 10, 1963, Congressman Albert S. Herlong Jr. of Florida read a list of 45 Communist goals into the Congressional Record. The list was derived from researcher Cleon Skousens book The Naked Communist. These principles are well worth revisiting today in order to gain insights into the thinking and strategies of much of our so-called liberal elite.
1. U.S. should accept coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. should be willing to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the U.S. would be a demonstration of "moral strength."
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extend long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China and admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the U.S. has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the U.S.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations that are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings," substituting shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. " Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24.Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural and healthy."
This is the Gramscian agenda of the "long march through the institutions" spelled out explicitly: gradual takeover of the "means of communication" and then using those vehicles to debauch the culture and weaken the will of the individual to resist. Today those few who still have the courage to advocate public morality are denounced and viciously attacked. Most Americans are entirely unwitting regarding the motives behind this agenda.
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state"
Replacing belief in the creator with belief in the earthly man-controlled State.
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
And replace our nation of "laws, not men" with royal decree emanating from appointed judges and executive orders. Replace elected officials with bureaucrats.
30. Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
Public ownership of the means of production, the core principle of totalitarianism.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally Reservation so the U.S. cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
Rudy may be peaking too early. If I were Rudy I'd be looking over my shoulders at Fred Thompson, who may be the next POTUS.
I am not convinced that Rudy is going to be tough on guns at the federal level as an executive...I believe that he tried to clean up NYC because the people of that city clamored for it and he took a misguided approach but one that, surprisingly, netted positive results. It should have but perhaps there were other factors that reduced violent crimes and perhaps without gun control the results would have been even better.
Free trade -- that is, commerce that is free from regulation -- is not even close to being Marxist. At its core and in its essense, trade is capitalistic. Just food for thought.
The reason many do not support Rino Rudy is not just one issue. He is on the wrong side of guns, gays, abortion, global warming, etc.....
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.