Skip to comments.MICHAEL REAGAN: The implosion of the Kerry campaign
Posted on 08/05/2004 4:59:16 AM PDT by MadIvan
You wouldn't know it from the reaction of the Kerry-worshipping media, which is bent on sending the Massachusetts senator to the White House, but his much-vaunted campaign is headed for the rocks.
In the wake of the no-bounce convention which the media is at a loss to explain, the polls stubbornly cling to the notion that the race between Kerry and President Bush will go down to the wire as a neck and neck tie. Given the fact that the only bounce thus far went to the Bush campaign in the post-convention days, there's every reason to believe that the president's chances will continue to improve and Kerry's will continue to dwindle.
Why? Because when you get down to it, all the Kerry-Edwards campaign has in its issue arsenal is their hatred of George W. Bush, and that's not a theme that will get you elected. You have to be able to stand for something and have a background that will enable you to achieve it. Hating Bush, showcasing my misguided younger brother Ron at the convention, dragging Ben Affleck around on the campaign trail, pretending to eat lunch at Wendy's just like regular folks when your real gourmet lunch is waiting for you on the bus outside, and recalling for the umpteenth time that you served in Vietnam just won't cut it.
So what we are watching now is the implosion of the Kerry campaign and it's happening three months before the election. If his campaign continues to roll down the hill at its current speed by the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November there will only be bits and pieces of it left.
Missing 38 out of 49 Senate Intelligence Committee meetings, Kerry displays a startling ignorance of just what is going on in the war on Islamic terrorism. His current spiel is that the president hasn't reacted quickly enough to the recommendations of the 9-11 commission that just came out. That ignores all kinds of things the president has been doing since 9-11 to tighten our security such as the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and a drastic reorganization of the FBI. And testifying to the effectiveness of these reforms is the fact that we haven't been the victims of any terrorist attacks here at home in the last three years.
There's a reason for that. The president kept our nation safe by taking the fight to the enemy's homeland, rather than having the battle fought in our streets and cities here at home. The public understands all this, but poor John Kerry thinks that the American people really are as dumb as he and his buddy Michael Moore portray us.
Kerry is going around pledging to get NATO involved in Iraq. The problem for him is that NATO is already involved, training Iraqi troops. This is what happens when you don't go to the meetings.
Since going out on the campaign trail, Kerry has made a point of sharing the podium with his outspoken wife Teresa Heinz Kerry (what's all this insisting upon having your maiden name inserted in all references to yourself Heinz Kerry, Rodham Clinton all about?). By showcasing her, he simply emphasizes the stark difference between his wife and Laura Bush, a genuine, honest-to-goodness lady. It's simply no contest. As the old-time movie characters were wont to say, "I like you baby, you've got class." Laura Bush has class.
When you watch this campaign you realize there is no choice George Bush is the only choice. The contest is between people who have class and people who are just angry, and the only phrase they can think of to describe Bush supporters is "goons."
John Kerry is starting to make his former boss, Michael Dukakis, look presidential.
My words exactly.
Seems like a good place to post one of Doug from uplands classics. "the wreck of the John Fn kerry".
Albert Wang predicts 45 state Bush Blowout!
I believe this is what's commonly referred to as being the absolute
It comes down to us to expose Kerry between now and the election.
We need to steal the enthusiasm that so many anti-Bushers feel for their candidate. We need to either rob them of their morale so they don't show up at the polls, or we point them toward Nader and give them a little nudge toward the polls.
That will defintely leave a mark.
The Siwft Boat Veterans are going to chisel away at Kerry as well. ANY publicity on that topic will be bad for Kerry. No way he can tout his service record as a positive and turn around and attack other veterans and it result anything but bad for Kerry.
Uh, Michael, "Heinz" isn't her maiden name. It's her first husband's name.
I think it's weird to haul your first husband's name into a second marriage, but nobody else seems to much care.
There are three months to the election, and lots of unforeseen events along the way, including the possibility of a terrorist attack. I also do not discount the Rats going mega-dirty with falsified claims of affairs, abortions, drugs, and the like.
On the plus side, however, is that we have a great president, his honorable family (minus Neil) and a great campaign team. Their side has Theresa and Bob Shrum.
It's going to be a hard-fought victory, methinks, and I will breathe a sigh of relief when Kerry gives his concession speech in November.
This is one pundit who needs better exposure.
And he's right. Laura Bush is a lady. It galls me to no end that people in this country don't know what a real lady is anymore.
She still refers to the dead guy as her husband although she is presently married to Kerry. Makes one wonder just what his role in all this is.
HATE is a four letter word:
The core of the democrat party
The democrat convention in Boston was nothing but an exercise in putting a new dress on an old whore. The convention planners had to hide all their extremists from public view. WE DID NOT SEE:
· the hateful gays and lesbians, who in addition to their nights of sinful debauchery, covet our most precious our children;
· the violent Marxists that hate freedom and individual wealth, yet want to run the country;
· the hateful atheists and Christian-haters who hate Christians and "tradition-only" Jews who hate truly spiritual Jews;
· the educationalists who hate parents that raise children with ethics and morals, who design the perverse curricula designed to indoctrinate our children with hate-America and free-sex ideas;
· the vile and hateful abortionists rejoicing as they kill baby after baby and strive to silence the pro-lifers;
· the hateful feminists whose contempt of men knows no limits;
· the union thugs who shake down corporations and beat up those that just want to work;
· the zombie-like bureaucrats (some dedicated ones excepted) who run the legions of non-performing, paper-shuffling goobermint employees (military excepted) who vote democrat just because a republican president might actually expect them to work;
· the bitter socialists who want to sap the productivity of the producers and capitalists by penalizing profits;
· the intellectual elite who hate everything that America stands for, and prattle on and on as to the evils of our society, but, havent the capacity to think their way out of a paper bag, let alone be productive members of the American economy. According to them, government control of our lives is good, but individuals choosing their own path and having success is bad.
· the hateful racial "dividers" who blame the evil white man for all their cultural problems, and demand more and more of the your hard labors as compensation;
· the open-border racists who invite floods of illegals into this country and then encourage them to sign up for all the freebees;
· the gun-haters who hate the that honest Americans might have a gun in their home, or worse yet, that some of them have license to carry it under their coats
· the greedy (but not so hateful) society-dependent families and individuals who take advantage of every hand-out program in America and vote only for those who promise more goodies for them;
· the confused (but not so hateful,) suburban soccer moms who really have no clue, except that they want abortion to remain unrestricted, and think their most important purpose in this world is to have tea with their towns Superintendent of Schools so their kids get the best teachers.
WE DID NOT SEE THE TRUE FACE OF DEMOCRATS at the Boston convention but they were there nonetheless. These hateful people had to sit on their hands and keep their mouths shut; allowed only to clap their hands, flash big smiles and cheer their leaders lies. They looked just like you and me at the convention, but they were impossible to spot. But, they were there as certain as the sun rises in the east!
Being democrat is synonymous with being dishonest. Except for their core voting base, the only way the democrats can convince people to vote for them is to pretend they are normal people. You can dress them up, but you cant change whats inside theyre rotten to the core.
Now that the convention is over, theyve dispersed throughout the country to work their destruction. It is no doubt that someone of Kerrys poor character is the candidate of the democrats.
I have read several messages from Americans pretending to provide facts and opinion of the majority of Americans. Such as, French-News readers should know that over half the Americans are against Bushs war in Iraq. In my opinion, quite the opposite is true. Most polls show that Americans support President Bush over Kerry when it comes to defense. The only real way of knowing, is in November, when we know the outcome of the next election.
I have to share with you fact that Frances animosity towards Americans and Bush has disappointed quite of few Americans. France has a right to disagree with whomever they choose, but Chirac has done everything possible sabotage President Bush is his attempts to secure this country. The French population appears to cheer and support Chirac, despite the fact that he is a known crook and has dubious motives for his opposition to this war. Polls have shown that many French trust Saddam Hussein more than the US. This is sad, especially considering that over 75,000 thousand American men died fighting for France. Given that Americans represent billions of dollars in a consumer market, France/Chirac are engaging in acts of self-sabotage. France and its commodities no longer have the cache they once had.
If the French government were equally judgmental and sanctimonious with all of the dictators around the world, their animosity would be better received. If the French jobless rate werent in the double digits, or growth rate were higher, we might be more accepting to the notion that France is somehow superior. France and its leaders are being delusional and moving France towards third world status.
xxx in Miami
Michael Reagan is correct, John Kerry has no where to go but down now...because eventually John Kerry will have to be "tested by fire" in the debates, and he will wither like an orchid.
I don't care what the conservative-haters say, Michael is much more Reagan's son than girlie-man Ron ever was. Ronald Reagan would be proud of him.
I have to agree with Michael Reagan's conclusion. Michael Dukakis had a reserve that looks presidential. John F*ckin and his wife simply don't have the class to be in the White House. Just look at the amateurish way they're running their campaign, its not like you would expect from people who are ready to govern. No wonder wheels are coming off the Kerry bandwagon. If they stood for something that might be a different story. You are not hearing from them the sense your life would be better if Bush were voted out of office. In the end the President is going to be re-elected by a comfortable margin and that will shut the Bush Haters in the Democratic Party up for good.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.