Skip to comments.Marching Orders for Democrats (DU via Boortz)
Posted on 03/17/2004 10:48:54 AM PST by Jokelahoma
I searched for this and didn't find it. Hope it isn't duplicated!
Neal Boortz posted this in his "Nuze" site today. It's a portion of a DU thread. While it's likely nothing new, it is always good to have a reminder of just how the other side thinks.
MARCHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR DEMOCRATS
By now I'm sure you've heard of democraticunderground.com ... a website where your Democrat neighbors can go to trade ideas and thoughts about this year's election. One of our alert listeners lifted a few postings on this website that I thought you might enjoy. Here, my friends, are your loving, compassionate Democratic neighbors at work. Why don't we all sit back and let them chose our next president ... waddaya say? Here's the first post:
As we've heard again and again recently, if we are going to beat this bunch of rule breaking GOP misanthropes, we're going to have to start fighting as dirty as they do. I started this thread for one reason, to get everyone's ideas on a list of things we as Democrats can consider to stop the takeover of this country. This isn't going to be a thread for the squeamish, or for the ideologically pure. Best to steer clear if that describes you.
Here are half a dozen ideas to get the ball rolling.
1) Get Republicans fired at your workplace, or fire them yourself if you can In the belief that all activism starts with the grass roots, do us all a favor, and fire your Republican employees this week. There are legitimate reasons to fire virtually any employee, so avail yourself of them. Not only will it quit the gloating you're hearing around the office, it'll stop those donation checks they are getting ready to write. Might also teach them a bit of humility regarding the poor and the disadvantaged. They can be the "Pioneers" of "Unemployment Window A"
2) Pretend to be a Republican, and then cut down the next Republican that you have a conversation with. - The more public/crowed the place you do this, the better. Use whatever remarks you know are sure to make the intended impression. "You're no better than the liberal scum you claim to hate... get back into the kitchen... Just wait till we win next year and toss peons like you into the field or the workhouse... People in your income bracket don't have the right to be Republican or vote etc." If you need talking points, just observe in a Yahoo political chat room for a few minutes and you have all the right wing bile that you can use and quite possibly all that you can stand.
3) Create, plant and disseminate widely "news stories" that discredit GOP policies A good way to do this is to print out stories in the visual style of a major newspaper or magazine (don't use the logo or other copywrited material, however) and theme them similarly to the ones that targeted John McCain's platform last presidential election. Make sure not to slander individuals directly. Leave stacks of the printouts where people are certain to find them i.e. supermarkets, coffee houses, bars, community centers etc. As in #2 make sure to write these from the right wing perspective, for maximum effect on the target audience. Avoid digital media, as it's too easy to fact check, not that most GOP voters care to check these things anyway.
4) Contact the IRS and anonymously tip them off regarding prominent GOP contributors in your area. Lets face it, they are likely tax evaders in any case (that's why they are GOP), so might as well have them go thru an audit and feel a bit of what it's like to have a hostile government prying into their affairs. The tax money you shake free will be a little payback to your community for the egregious tax cut they undoubtedly are enjoying.
5) Make sure that you're the only ride on voting day for a group of hard right types who live out of the way, and then don't show up. This works best in low population density areas and poor right wing communities. Cultivate a group of right wing friends and make sure they depend on you for the ride on Election Day. Then don't show up. Every vote they miss is an uncontested vote on the blue side of the aisle. The right needs a taste of Florida 2000.
6) Impersonate Linda Tripp. Whisper into the ear of GOP associates to encourage and get dirty laundry regarding their improprieties, and then make sure that information gets into the wrong hands. It's hard to brag about family values or think about politics when you're in a divorce court.
Are you really serious about winning the culture war? Do you mean it when you say it's time to fight fire with fire? Then channel that anger and let's hear some ideas. Given the thin skin of most conservative ideologues, it won't take much to have them running far away from such policies and tactics so we can all enjoy proper, principled political discourse in the country again. First, however, they need to be taught that fighting dirty burns them as much as it burns anyone.
BTW- if you want to take action beyond the intellectual consideration of these ideas, please do so on your own. This thread is meant for the mental exercise of these ideas. Don't involve DU.
And a response from another loyal Democrat:
tedoll78: I used to be an "I-won't-do-that" person, but now I want to win and prevent the major harm that the GOP would do. In the end, having more liberal leaders in power will save the country and world from more heartache/chaos/destruction/etc; the change for the positive worldwide will more than pay-back for these tactics.
Like someone above said, let's break some eggs.
My starting proposals:
1) Hand-out faulty polling locations & directions in GOP-heavy voting districs. Let's see how they like it for a change.
2) Go door to door as a GOP volunteer with absentee ballots; the GOP loves to vote absentee, right? And then throw the filled-out ballots away. Either that, or give them a faulty ballot with a bad address on the envelope, and then they won't vote on election day since they'd think they've already voted.
3) Volunteer for a GOP phone bank operation and talk dirty to old people on the phone. Think of the most obscene, anus-licking things you can comprehend, and go for it! And be sure to identify yourself as a Bush supporter.
4) Wear an 'I love george w bush' t-shirt in public and act like a major ass. Moon people, fart loudly, call people offensive names. Here's a favorite: Go to football games where the Army is playing and accuse the other team's fans of being unpatriotic for rooting against the Army. In other words, be absurd!
5) When a polling organization calls, give answers such that they reflect very very very poorly on the nation's condition. Tell them you're unemployed, or tell them that you make <$8000 a year.
6) Panhandle in GOP/swing neighborhoods where it isn't illegal. Get as many people as you can to join you; create the image of crisis. Hold-up a sign saying that you were downsized, or that your job was sent overseas. If you're a veteran, emphasize your loss of benefits.
7) Drop-off a stack of fliers at veterans' halls, hospitals, etc detailing the betrayal of the Bush administration. And, if possible, ask them if they're enjoying their tax cuts.
I just thought of these seven off the top of my head. Surely we can come-up with some creative strategies for making the GOP's image as irrespectable as possible!
There you have it, my friends. But remember ... it's the Republicans who are evil ... right?
If you want to find out what they're like (at du), register and post to some of their forums. It can be fun and it will give you a real insight into the thinking of the democratic sheeples.
"I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists." --Jane "Hanoi" Fonda, Michigan State University, 1970 AS John Kerry was in the audience for MORAL support..
Show 'em my motto!
Wrong! DUhers do NOT jest about destroying the right!
Go there, read what they have to say. These are your democRAT neighbors!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.