Posted on 04/26/2023 8:11:13 AM PDT by Signalman
LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - More details have emerged after the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department police arrested a suspect in connection with half a dozen robberies that targeted casino cages.
According to an arrest report from Las Vegas police, the six robberies happened between November 16, 2022, and April 19, at properties across the valley:
The suspect, identified as D’Shante Styles, 33, of Las Vegas, was arrested on April 20 and is facing multiple charges, including several counts of robbery with a deadly weapon, burglary with a deadly weapon and grand larceny of motor vehicles, police say.
Detectives from the LVMPD Robbery Section responded to each of the robberies and noted “numerous similarities between the crimes,” including the businesses in question, the time of day, the suspect’s description and the method used during the crimes. According to court documents, each robbery was committed by a black male claiming to be armed with a firearm, and they all targeted casino cages.
In the first three events, police said that the suspect handed a note reading something to the effect of “put the 10 stacks in the bag or I will shoot!” to the victim. In the fourth robbery, he had a note in his hand but made the same request verbally, according to the report. During the fifth, he again told the victim, “Give me the stacks or I will shoot you!”
Police noted in the report that the suspect wore the same clothing during the first two robberies: a black beanie, a black puffy jacket, a blue COVID mask, black pants and black gloves. LVMPD said he wore the same gloves during all six events.
Las Vegas police said the man got away with $30,000 in just one of the robberies.
Police said the suspect was “known to steal a vehicle prior to committing a robbery at a casino cage,” and he would then use it as a getaway vehicle. During the third robbery, police said he waited at the Caesars Palace valet before taking a taxi to Silverton Casino. The cab waited outside while he went in, allegedly committed the robbery, and had the taxi drive him away. The driver was unaware that a crime had been committed.
A review of the suspect’s criminal history shows four robbery convictions from 2009. Styles’ bond was set at $500,000 and he has a preliminary court hearing scheduled for May 9, court records show.
Now you tell me.
Back in the '70's some gold altar vessels were stolen from St. Anthony's in Little Italy in lower Manhattan. A couple of melanzana turned up in dumpster with their peni sewed inside their mouths. Never try to fence stolen altar vessels in Little Italy.
During covid I worked at a tribal casino with its own police force. If this dope tried that there he would have never made it out the door.
Many decades ago I worked in a steel mill. One of the workers - an old Italian guy - took numbers bets for anyone there who cared to play. I never played, but I liked the old guy. He was very nice and friendly.
Well, one day a younger worker (new on the job) decided to corner the old Italian guy in the locker room, and simply take his money. No police were called. Nobody said a thing.
About six months later this young guy went on vacation. He got himself murdered in his hotel room. Nobody knows what happened. It’s a mystery.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.