Posted on 11/30/2021 8:20:57 PM PST by PROCON
Police checking cars near the facility in Darwin's rural area. (ABC News: Peter Lacey)
Northern Territory police say they don't believe three teenagers who allegedly absconded from Darwin's Howard Springs COVID-19 quarantine facility this morning came into contact with members of the community.
At a COVID update press conference, NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner confirmed the teenagers, aged 15, 16 and 17, tested negative for the virus yesterday.
He said all three were from the Binjari community near Katherine and had been sent into quarantine as close contacts of positive cases.
~~SNIP~~
The facility is housing people affected by the Katherine region COVID-19 outbreak as well as returned travellers from repatriation flights, including a man who tested positive for the Omicron variant on Monday.
He said the escape could mean an extension of the time the teenagers were required to stay in quarantine.
"Absconding from Howard Springs isn't just dangerous — it is incredibly stupid," he said.
"Because we will catch you and there will be consequences."
Sorry I thought you said semis were banned
UNBELIEBEABLE!
Never thought I would ever witness anything like this.
A prison by any other name.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.