Posted on 08/22/2021 9:27:27 AM PDT by JonPreston
WASHINGTON — Hundreds of officials who worked for former Republican President George W. Bush are endorsing Democratic White House hopeful Joe Biden — the latest Republican-led group coming out to oppose the re-election of Donald Trump.
The officials, who include Cabinet secretaries and other senior people in the Bush administration, have formed a political action committee — "43 Alumni for Biden" — to support the former vice president in his Nov. 3 race, three organizers of the group told Reuters, which first reported the story. The group on Wednesday put out a statement announcing its formation.
Bush was the country's 43rd president.
Other Republican groups opposing his re-election include the Lincoln Project, co-founded by George Conway, husband of Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway.
Trump has expressed contempt for Republican and conservative figures who oppose him, saying on Twitter that “Never Trumper” Republicans are “human scum.”
(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...
That list has not aged well. Not even a year in office.
In 2006, I was in a bar in Portland.
There was a guy there trying to defend GWB and doing a better job than GWB did.
That is when I knew were were going to loose both 2006 midterms BAD and the 2008 Presidency.
Around that time you could be thrown out of this venue for not supporting that open borders globalist. Long ago the GOP had been hijacked by these Bush types. Party before country, party over principle, open borders, profits regardless of consequences. Like Pat Buchanan said years ago, “The differences between the two beltway parties are inconsequential”. It was one big con job and Buchanan saw it close up.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.