Posted on 03/09/2021 11:30:52 PM PST by L.A.Justice
PHOENIX — Restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, bowling alleys, water parks and bars that serve food for dine-in can immediately open at 100% capacity, Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey announced Friday, lifting one of the state's mitigation strategies amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
However, businesses will have to enforce social distancing, mask requirements, increased cleanings, and continue to follow the CDC-recommended guidelines.
"Today’s announcement is a measured approach; we are not in the clear yet. We need to continue practicing personal responsibility. Wear a mask. Social distance. Stay home when you’re sick and wash your hands frequently," Gov. Ducey said in a prepared statement.
The executive order also prevents mayors and local jurisdictions from issuing "extreme" orders that would shut down businesses, the Governor's Office said in a news release announcing the executive order.
For the last several months, bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, and water parks have been limited to either 25% or 50% occupancy due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Governor's Office cited the state's declining COVID-19 cases and increased COVID-19 vaccinations as reasons for loosening restrictions.
Earlier this week, Gov. Ducey signed an executive order that required all public schools in the state to offer in-person instruction by March 15, or after Spring Break. Schools are still allowed to have virtual learning.
Governors in Mississippi and Texas also lifted restrictions in their states, including ending mask requirements. Arizona, however, does not have a state-wide mask requirement, though several cities and counties have enacted their own measures.
To date, more than 515,000 people in the United States have died during the COVID-19 pandemic. More than 16,000 Arizonans have died from COVID-19 complications, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services.
To date, more than 1.3 million people in Arizona have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, of which 700,000 have received both doses, according to ADHS's online data dashboard.
When the walls come tumblin' down
When the walls come crumblin' crumblin'
When the walls come tumblin' tumblin' down
Get back to me when he allows you to slap those American flags off of people’s stupid faces.
^
“Get back to me when he allows you to slap those American flags off of people’s stupid faces.”
What you said.
AZ gettin’ it right
They are not getting it right
The stupid face diapers are still required
Is that how we're measuring COVID deaths now? If somebody died within the last year, during the "pandemic" it counts as a COVID caused death?
It’s how we always have been counting.
And what’s more - they knew the elderly would be vulnerable. In five states they deliberately sent infected patients back to nursing homes to get the death toll up.
90 percent of the COVID dead were elderly and/or obese. Over 70 percent of the deaths came from the states that deliberately infected nursing home patients.
COVID was created to launch a corporatist coup against the US with China/Iran as the sponsor.
The evidence is overwhelming, and readily available.
Acey Ducey...Okey Dokey then.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.