Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

VANITY: Veterans, DD214 Question
Free Republic ^ | 2 JUN 2005 | rdb3

Posted on 06/02/2005 4:23:25 PM PDT by rdb3

Veterans, I have a question. An associate of mine cannot locate his DD214. I looked at mine to see where another could be retrieved, but didn't see anything about that subject.

Do any of you know where this can be accomplished by a phone call? If not, a web address probably would work. He needs to prove his veteran status for a fairly sensitve line of work.

Thanx. HOOAH!

TOPICS: Chit/Chat; Military/Veterans; Miscellaneous

1 posted on 06/02/2005 4:23:25 PM PDT by rdb3
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: rdb3

I think you need to contact the records center in St. Louis. SF 180 is the form you need, if my memory is correct. You can link to the Personnel Center in St. Louis from a number of military and vets' sites.

2 posted on 06/02/2005 4:26:51 PM PDT by ConorMacNessa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: rdb3

Why doesn't he/she get in touch with the base they were/are assigned to?

3 posted on 06/02/2005 4:26:52 PM PDT by BigSkyFreeper (A Democrat is a Democrat; Liberal a Liberal ; Tiger is a Tiger)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Warthogtjm

When I got out, they told me and my husband to have ours recorded and copied in our local county hall of records. We did.

I'm sure we've all heard about the fire that burned many of the old records...this was the insurance we were advised to get.

4 posted on 06/02/2005 4:29:28 PM PDT by bannie (The government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend upon the support of Paul.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: rdb3

Here you go! Straight from the Army Web Site

Replace DD Form 214 or lost awards: National Personnel Records Center; ATTN: Army Reserve Branch; (for 214's use)NCPMA (for awards use) NCPMA-M
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100 I-866-272-6272 (press 4 for St. Louis) FAX (314)801-9195

5 posted on 06/02/2005 4:29:57 PM PDT by SandRat (Duty, Honor, Country. What else needs to be said?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: rdb3
To replace lost DD form 214

You can request a copy of your DD form 214 by writing to the National Personnel Records Center. Include the following info. in your request:

- Your full name
- SS number
- Phone number
- Aprox. dates of service
- Place of discharge
- Return address
- Reason for the request

National Personnel Records Center
Attention: [Your Service, e.g., Army] Records
9700 Page Boulevard
St Louis, MO 63132-5000

You may call the National Personnel Records Center at phone # 314-538-4261

Found the above info from my transition assistance pamphlet ;)
6 posted on 06/02/2005 4:41:16 PM PDT by demlosers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: demlosers; All
Knew I'd find the info I needed here. This has been passed on. Thanx to all!

7 posted on 06/02/2005 4:53:53 PM PDT by rdb3 (Yeah, but what's it spelled backwards?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: All
Helpful hint: Make several copies, and keep them in a safe place....

Although an "official" version is needed for VA home loan, etc, the copies can be used to prove college credit based on work experience, and the such.

I have a portfolio with all my training certificates, DD214, and resume.

I also put a copy in my personnel file at work.
8 posted on 06/02/2005 5:01:18 PM PDT by baltodog (R.I.P. Balto: 2001(?) - 2005)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794 is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson