Skip to comments.Tax Day 2016
Posted on 04/18/2016 8:06:54 AM PDT by NOBO2012
Theres no need to complain about Tax Day.
All the money you donate to the federal kitty goes to good use. Well okay, maybe some of it is questionable:
ANOTHER TAXPAYER-FUNDED RENEWABLE-ENERGY COMPANY FAILS...
Renewable energy giant Abengoa SA filed for bankruptcy protection in the U.S. as the Spanish energy company continues talks with its banks and bondholders to agree on its plan to restructure billions of dollars in debt. WSJ
Last November, the Washington Times reported Abengoa had received at least $2.7 billion in federal loan guarantees since 2010 to build several large-scale solar power projects in the United States. There was no certainty any of the government loans would be paid back amid a collapse that dwarfed the $530 million loss to the U.S. taxpayer with the collapse of Solyndra in 2011. WND
Literally tilting at windmills
What difference at this point does it make? Just another failed green energy venture that Barry and the Boys decided to invest your tax dollars in. Whos even counting anymore?
Oh what the heck, I will.
- Solar Trust of America: FAIL! Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012
- Bright Source: FAIL! Bright Source warned Obamas Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Bright Source lost billions of dollars but is getting more money to keep trying. Can you say, This isnt working Mr. President?
- Solyndra: FAIL! Obama gave $500,000,000 (thats a HALF BILLION!) in taxpayer money to Solyndra who shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 after billions in losses due to failure to make a solar product that works! Barack Obama was not vetted before being elected President and neither was Solyndra before Mr. Obama threw that taxpayer money down the drain of unproven technology.
- LSP Energy: FAIL! LSPEnergy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012
- Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL! On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy
- Abound Solar: FAIL! Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama then announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy. Many of these failed corporations, such as Abound, donated MILLIONS and continue to donate to Barack Obamas campaign. Can you say, Democrat Slush Fund? Yes this is illegal. But Democrats are being protected from being prosecuted, for now.
- SunPower: FAIL! SunPower stopped producing solar cells in 2011 at near bankruptcy then restructured with the help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL, Inc. who owns 60% stake in SunPower. Irony? The company is still struggling.
- Beacon Power: FAIL! Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy protection in October, 2011 just a year after Obama approved a $43 million Government loan guarantee. They remain barely in business, still struggling to make energy that makes sense or that works at all.
- Ecotality: FAIL! ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money and remains on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from President Obama, who wants to do some more of this kind of Democrat Slush Fund Guarantees after he is elected to a 2nd term.
- A123 Solar: FAIL! A123 Solar received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obamas Department of Energy loan guarantees even after the Solyndra bankruptcy and is getting another $500M from Obama after a loss of $400M.A123 has filed for bankruptcy after receiving $249 MILLION in taxpayer support. A123, maker of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries For electric cars, filed for bankruptcy in August of 2012 and was later sold for pennies on the dollar to a Chinese company.
- UniSolar: FAIL! Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20, 2012 after laying off hundreds of workers. UniSolar received even more Obama money after showing now progress, no profits and is still failing yet they still remain in business with Obamas help.
- Azure Dynamics: FAIL! Azure Dynamics filed for bankruptcy in June , 2012 wasting millions in Obama Stimulus money and received abatement on taxes owed and and several tax credits. Azure Dynamics LLC filed for bankruptcy protection in Canada and the US. Azure laid off 120 of its 160 employees in Oak Park; Boston; Vancouver, British Columbia; and the UK.
- Evergreen Solar: FAIL! Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama and filed bankruptcy in late 2011. Evergreen, which closed its taxpayer-supported Devens factory in March, 2011 cut more than 1800 jobs. Evergreens $450 million factory, turned out to be a colossal waste of taxpayer money.
- Ener1: FAIL! Ener1 Inc. received a $118 million U.S. Energy Department grant from President Obama to make electric-car batteries but filed for bankruptcy protection January 2012 after defaulting on bond debt.
- A123 SYSTEMS: FAIL! A123 has filed for bankruptcy after receiving $249 MILLION in taxpayer support. A123, maker of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries For electric cars, filed for bankruptcy in August of 2012 and was later sold for pennies on the dollar to a Chinese company.
Well keep investing your tax dollars in solar and wind energy companies even though they continue to fail the test of basic economics, and sometimes even basic physics:
A big wind blew it over
"The bolts on the base could not withstand the wind and as we are a very windy part of the country they [the energy company] have egg on their face," she said. "There are concerns about safety." Telegraph
Yup, a big wind blew it over; oh, the irony! And like Socialism, with absolutely no evidence that it actually works, your government will keep doubling down on the failed ideals of green energy. With your money!
And then the Green Fairy Godmother takes your money and makes it all disappear!
So - a toast to tax day!
After a couple you wont care whether you paid your taxes or not.
Posted from: Michelle Obamas Mirror
Today I learned for the first time of Emancipation Day. Apparently, the Mayor of DC signed a law in 2005 proclaiming April 16 a holiday...and this shuts down the federal government, creating another paid holiday. This is why we got a few extra days to do taxes (if the 16th is a Saturday, they take Friday off).
Stealth holiday - neat trick.
My idea is this:
COMPLETELY get rid of withholding, anticipated tax payments and everything else- ALL Americans must pay, in cash or check, their entire state and federal amount on a specified day.
That day must, by law, ALSO be the day they vote.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.