Skip to comments.Nancy Reagan endorses Romney's bid for president
Posted on 05/31/2012 9:56:41 PM PDT by Innovative
The widow of President Ronald Reagan says she is firmly behind Romney. And she says that her "Ronnie" would have liked Romney's business background and what she calls his "strong principles."
In a statement issued after the Romneys' visit, Mrs. Reagan said she believes that Romney has the experience and leadership skills that, in her words, "our country so desperately needs."
(Excerpt) Read more at boston.com ...
She is in time of age, but not stupid. I just want this fighting to stop between so many of you, country first and let you concentrate on important things.
She is classic Madam, she is not running for President or House of Representatives and Senate. Concentrate you energy to make sure real conservatives are there, and start fixing your house. Anything else is not important as so many think.
I can assure you she loves her country, and her husband has thought her well. Disagreements are one thing, time to put it aside, and fight.
Madam Nancy has spoken, let you now fix your house and concentrate on that. Let it go friend.
Its all good friend, its all right, bene :}}}}}
>>Why cant she not say anything....<<
Because maybe the woman is just as terrified about the Marxist, Israel hating, Muslim Brotherhood Jihadi supporting narcissist in the WH as I am. Maybe she cares less about the Republican Party than she does about the country.
To quote from the blaze.....
1. Do you know anyone who has the understanding and gained their understanding of Jesus Christ and defend it, and they got that understanding from someone like Jeremiah Wright? Do you know anyone who is a good Christian that believes there is no salvation unless theres collective salvation?
2. Do you know somebody who is raised and/or mentored by communists?
3. Do you have friends or acquaintances that are Marxists, Communists, or have been actively engaged in the overthrow of the United States government?
4. Have you ever been at a party celebrating someone who has been accused of domestic terrorism?
5. Do you know anyone or have you ever been to a party and gave a toast to someone who is accused of being a Muslim terrorist?
6. Do you or any of your friends have the belief that terrorism doesnt really exist? And that by definition jihad is only a holy struggle?
7. How many of you or how many of your friends have hired members of the Muslim Brotherhood to provide security for your business or their business? Or would hire members of the Muslim Brotherhood to go through and put together your security for your town?
8. Do you have any friends that believe the Muslim Brotherhood is largely secular and good?
9. Do you know anybody that thinks NASAs foremost goal should be Muslim outreach, so you can help them and NASA can help them feel good?
10. Do you know anybody who believes that Occupy Wall Street features the best people in our country right now?
11. Is it even conceivable that anyone you know or associate with would think that killing Osama Bin Laden was a tough decision? With that, you have a single friend who in that case would make sure that we have a blame someone else memo ready just in case it went wrong?
12. Do you have anybody in your circle of friends or your circle of influence that believes America and Israel is the biggest obstacle to peace and stability in the world. Do you know anyone who believes the United States constitution needs to be a photo negative to be right with the world today?
13. Would you or anyone you know take a gift given to the United States after 9/11, a bust of Winston Churchill, and try to give it back to the prime minister on your first meeting? And when he says, No, no, thats a gift, you can keep it, would you or anyone in your circle of influence then take that bust, box it up, ship it back yourself and say We dont need it anymore?
14. Do you know anyone, a single person, who has a wife or a husband that has never been proud of the United States of America until something good happened in their life?
15. Do you know anybody who would actively defend allowing a baby to die without treatment in a hospital if an abortion failed? That the baby would be born outside, the doctors would have it, and they would be allowed to put it in a closet and just let it die?
16. Would someone in your life withhold needed money from poor countries or suggest that needed money from poor countries was withheld unless they change the Constitution to be pro-abortion?
17. Do you know anybody who believes the only way out of debt is to spend $5 trillion in three and a half years? Or believes Solyndra and other green businesses were a good bet, and that the peoples hard earned money is something you should gamble with and you think that it should continue?
18. How many people do you know personally that would give a shout out to someone to say, Hey, I just want to say hi to Bob over there and thank Bob Its been a great day, Bob, before you had to announce to the country that 13 soldiers were murdered by an Islamic extremist on our own soil?
19. Do you know anybody who claims to be a huge Israeli supporter? Do you know anybody who says, Im the biggest fan of Israel, theyre our biggest and strongest ally, and Im a huge supporter. Im the best thing that has happened. And that when the prime minister of that country flew from the other side of the globe to have a scheduled dinner with you, you would humiliate him and blow off for dinner? Let him eat alone while you had a quiet dinner someplace else with friends? Do you know anybody who says, I am the biggest supporter of Israel, and then visited all of the Muslim countries around Israel but couldnt find the time to go to Israel? And that as Israels biggest, most loyal supporter, believes they should go back to the indefensible 67 borders? I understand it if youre not a fan of Israel, but if youre a fan of Israel, do you know a soul that is a true fan of Israel that says, Yes, go back to the 67 borders?
20. Do you know any committed capitalist who believes in redistribution of wealth?
See what we are up against?
And to quote a wise FReeper
So, you hate both Obama and Romney, yet the anti-Romney posts far outweigh the anti-Obama posts. Like a chicken coop getting ready to vote for either a fox or a chihuahua, to run the place, and spending all its energy attacking the chihuahua...
37 posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 10:44:35 AM by trebb (”If a man will not work, he should not eat” From 2 Thes 3)
I agree with you, I am sick of the in-fighting. I like to come here to Free Republic to avoid the fights that exist elsewhere where leftists post.
But people here love to fight each other!
If Romney is elected, do you trust him NOT to enact some sort of national medical care scheme? If he tries, do you think he will be effectively blocked by a) opposition Demonrat Senators; 2) GOP elitist windtunnel senators named above or their ilk; 3) normal GOP senators; or 4) by no one because the GOP senators will say that Mitt is the captain of "our team" and deserving of their support?
Now, same questions as to SCOTUS appointments:
Assume Obozo's re-election and that he appoints another Elena Kagan or Sonia Sotomayor (say a 45-year old communist menace or Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Princess Lieawatha, who, if anyone will block the nomination?
Assume instead that Romney is elected and nominates another David "Swish" Souter, John Paul Stevens, Sandra Day O'Connor, William Brennan, Earl Warren, or even Herod Blackmun to SCOTUS, which senators will seek to block that nomination by the captain or "our team?"
If you candidly and honestly answer just those two questions, you will understand why many conservatives are NOT going to guzzle the RINO Kool Aid and vote for Myth.
Painful though manhood may be for them, the GOP Senators may have to grow a pair and they will NOT grow a pair under Romney acting as the "captain of our team." The GOP is essentially a monarchist Party like the Whigs and Federalists before them. Their brains short circuit in the presence of evils perpetrated by any GOP POTUS, no matter how bad.
Sorry. Meant to ping you to #284
I wasn’t quoting you, I was quoting the one I posted it to, I merely included you because I thought that you would agree with my post, and that it was related to your position.
In the future you could word that differently by saying for instance "this is a link to a thread I posted here on FR"
You made it seem almost as though JR himself had put up a link on Mitt Romney, which he has of course, but not like yours.
GOP Poet needs to go to ansel12’s linked thread and check out post #15.
I think post 166 is probably more thorough.
Great picture of President Romney.
You reference JimRob's tagline as "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." Note that tyrants is plural as in Obozo and Romney. Resistance to one tyrant in favor of another is like choosing between Hitler and Stalin. Better to let them expend their forces against one another and to finish off the winner of that preliminary battle.
And most people will see immediatley who posted it when they click on it, because, all, it is listed right there in the thread header for all to see.
But, if you would rather, I have no problem either way:
Happy to comply with that particular request.
And most people will see immediatley who posted it when they click on it, because, after all, it is listed right there in the thread header for all to see.
But, if you would rather, I have no problem either way:
Happy to comply with that particular request.
Great, that avoids the confusion of anyone thinking that FR is supporting Mitt Romney.
You are making it up and getting it wrong.
GOP Senators blocked Bush on both amnesty and Harriet Meiers.
The FR He-Man Mitt Hater Club catechism is always predicated on wild and historically unsupported pronouncements about what craven acts everyone but the Mitt Haters are sure to do in the future.
It is arrogance, narcissism and good old BS masquerading as political analysis.
Among my credentials, I was a Reagan State Chairman when he challenged Ford. Were you?
I don't regard border mania as the be all and end all of conservatism. Neither did Reagan who supported the bracero program as governor of California to allow many Mexican citizens to cross the border and work as farm workers in California. He also supported the amnesty in 1986 or thereabouts. I don't believe that there was an actual vote on amnesty when Bush the Younger was POTUS. That was largely commentariat resistance. If I'm wrong, sue me. The issue is no big deal. The RINOs have no spines and are, above all else, risk averse.
GOP senators did not stop Harriet Miers. That was the conservative commentariat also and so long ago that Ann Coulter was still somewhat conservative.
This meeting of actually conservative FReepers aka The "FR He-Man Mitt Hater Club" is now adjourned subject to the call of the chair. You don't hallucinate that actual conservatives have any reason to be bashful in despising the sorry gun-grabbing, baby-scraping, lavender cheer leading, Church persecuting, medical system destroying RINO SOB Myth do you????
Obama is too dangerous to enable him to lead this country 4 more years.
The day of recknoning will come for those to recognize a good man when they see one. God annoints people to be leaders, until they annoited, they are different. It’s in the Bible. Both Saul and King David became different once they annointed by God. It changes people. It’s not suprising to me at all that you say Romney wsa different, cause he was. One person cannot annoint another, only God can do that. Fake people try to fool others by having another human annoint them. It doesn’t work like that, only God, the father, through the Holy Spirit annoints. And it does have a profound affect on the Individual that it happens to. Reagan would love Romney, cause Romney has the same spirit as Reagan, cause they have both been annoited by God.
I would be inclined to agree with you here, the cloud that follows these people is thick and eerie....they disgust me. I get the same vib from them that I got from Clinton crew...a pushy leftist, slash and burn mob mentality with painted on smiley faces.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.