Since Sep 8, 2002
Future Useless Eater to Future Useless Eater
How to block FR bots/trolls/hecklers that raise your blood pressure.
1) Get Firefox or Google Chrome
2) then go here to install GreaseMonkey (GM)
3) then go here to download/install the GM script called "killfile"
(THAT version has been tweaked for better performance at Free Republic)
After that, just hit [kill] whenever you see a putrid post from a bot/troll/heckler, and never be troubled by them again.
RULE 5: Ridicule is mans most potent weapon. There is no defense. Its irrational. Its infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
"A Friend" ping list.exit82;Agamemnon;NE Cons;altura;Innovative;hinckley buzzard; unkus;Cringing Negativism Network;lonestar; MHGinTN; mojitojoe
1. Do you know anyone who has the understanding and gained their understanding of Jesus Christ and defend it, and they got that understanding from someone like Jeremiah Wright? Do you know anyone who is a good Christian that believes there is no salvation unless theres collective salvation?
2. Do you know somebody who is raised and/or mentored by communists?
3. Do you have friends or acquaintances that are Marxists, Communists, or have been actively engaged in the overthrow of the United States government?
4. Have you ever been at a party celebrating someone who has been accused of domestic terrorism?
5. Do you know anyone or have you ever been to a party and gave a toast to someone who is accused of being a Muslim terrorist?
6. Do you or any of your friends have the belief that terrorism doesnt really exist? And that by definition jihad is only a holy struggle?
7. How many of you or how many of your friends have hired members of the Muslim Brotherhood to provide security for your business or their business? Or would hire members of the Muslim Brotherhood to go through and put together your security for your town?
8. Do you have any friends that believe the Muslim Brotherhood is largely secular and good?
9. Do you know anybody that thinks NASAs foremost goal should be Muslim outreach, so you can help them and NASA can help them feel good?
10. Do you know anybody who believes that Occupy Wall Street features the best people in our country right now?
11. Is it even conceivable that anyone you know or associate with would think that killing Osama Bin Laden was a tough decision? With that, you have a single friend who in that case would make sure that we have a blame someone else memo ready just in case it went wrong?
12. Do you have anybody in your circle of friends or your circle of influence that believes America and Israel is the biggest obstacle to peace and stability in the world. Do you know anyone who believes the United States constitution needs to be a photo negative to be right with the world today?
13. Would you or anyone you know take a gift given to the United States after 9/11, a bust of Winston Churchill, and try to give it back to the prime minister on your first meeting? And when he says, No, no, thats a gift, you can keep it, would you or anyone in your circle of influence then take that bust, box it up, ship it back yourself and say We dont need it anymore?
14. Do you know anyone, a single person, who has a wife or a husband that has never been proud of the United States of America until something good happened in their life?
15. Do you know anybody who would actively defend allowing a baby to die without treatment in a hospital if an abortion failed? That the baby would be born outside, the doctors would have it, and they would be allowed to put it in a closet and just let it die?
16. Would someone in your life withhold needed money from poor countries or suggest that needed money from poor countries was withheld unless they change the Constitution to be pro-abortion?
17. Do you know anybody who believes the only way out of debt is to spend $5 trillion in three and a half years? Or believes Solyndra and other green businesses were a good bet, and that the peoples hard earned money is something you should gamble with and you think that it should continue?
18. How many people do you know personally that would give a shout out to someone to say, Hey, I just want to say hi to Bob over there and thank Bob Its been a great day, Bob, before you had to announce to the country that 13 soldiers were murdered by an Islamic extremist on our own soil?
19. Do you know anybody who claims to be a huge Israeli supporter? Do you know anybody who says, Im the biggest fan of Israel, theyre our biggest and strongest ally, and Im a huge supporter. Im the best thing that has happened. And that when the prime minister of that country flew from the other side of the globe to have a scheduled dinner with you, you would humiliate him and blow off for dinner? Let him eat alone while you had a quiet dinner someplace else with friends? Do you know anybody who says, I am the biggest supporter of Israel, and then visited all of the Muslim countries around Israel but couldnt find the time to go to Israel? And that as Israels biggest, most loyal supporter, believes they should go back to the indefensible 67 borders? I understand it if youre not a fan of Israel, but if youre a fan of Israel, do you know a soul that is a true fan of Israel that says, Yes, go back to the 67 borders?
20. Do you know any committed capitalist who believes in redistribution of wealth?
See what we are up against
So, you hate both Obama and Romney, yet the anti-Romney posts far outweigh the anti-Obama posts. Like a chicken coop getting ready to vote for either a fox or a chihuahua, to run the place, and spending all its energy attacking the chihuahua...
37 posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 10:44:35 AM by trebb ("If a man will not work, he should not eat" From 2 Thes 3)
"With these people and their mind-set, we never would have won WWII (gee why are we allying ourselves with someone like Stalin / 1941-45), never mind that that the NAZIs are torching EVERYONE who stand in their path for world conquest.
121 posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:16:53 AM by LibFreeUSA (Pick Your Poison)
To quote a brilliant FReeper
(1) You seem to overlook the shenanigans of Obamination in appointing czars, issuing Exec Orders left and right and basically ignoring BOTH the Constitution AND Congress.
(2) If re-elected, He will screw the US Supreme Court for the rest of our lives and most of our kids; lives, issue Allah only knows what new pile of exec orders, continue to trash the fabric of this once great nation, etc, etc, etc.
(3) What SIGNIFICANT action have you seen from ANY of the last round of tea party supported bozos that got elected, other than the occasional NO vote on some stupid piece of legislation. The utter and absolute corruption so rampant in DC quite simply infects EVERYONE who is part of that monstrosity called the US Federal Government. With recognition of Edmund Burke's prophetic principal about the relationship of power and corruption, may I reword it to fit what we have seen in these latter days of the USA: Power corrupts and ANY SIGNIFICANT amount of power will begin the corruption process, usually not reversible, of most people today beyond any hope of reversal or redemption. (Just review in your own mind for a few moments, the behavior of any member of the & public service sector, from local and county through state and up to federal service, and count up any SIGNIFICANT players who have NOT been corrupted.)
(4) The ONLY thing of ANY significance about the election is to defeat OB or, better yet get him declared ineligible before the election.
(5) And, BTW, OB has set such a horrendous pile of steaming precedents, that I seriously doubt ANY future POTUS will be morally clean enough to resist taking advantage of them, with the possible exception of Sarah Palin.
62 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 11:05:54 AM by CanuckYank
Cartoon from 1934 (credit to Sleeping FReeper for the date and VeniVidiVici for the cartoon itself)
Chart we need to see
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) US Founding Father ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wife of Netmilsdad, Mom to Net (FReeperette soon to be posting) and Mil (FReeperette of the future). Huge fan CTrent1564!
Official Anti-Catholic Troll Hunter...on the hunt for Sado-evangelism
It is the system we hate, not the people who are being deceived.
2,423 posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 5:41:39 AM by fortheDeclaration
Anti-Catholics please "minister" somewhere else!
Slash-and-burn evangelism will not be tolerated (Hat tip - Sandyeggo)
In society today, images from our past, words and phrases are considered in poor taste. To say or show some of these is downright offensive. How far should we go to keep from offending a person or group of people? Should one change a classic, such as "Huck Finn" to eliminate such words or edit characters from "Gone With the Wind" to be PC? It has happened and very few people know about it.
As I child, one of my goals was to see every Disney feature every made. Before the time of VCRs it was not an easy task. My Dear Departed Father fed into my obsession and would drive me all over Northeast Ohio to see films. In 1968, "Fantasia"  was re-released by the Disney Studios. This feature is visually beautiful, as well as inovative in sound and image. While others remember this movie for the sequence with Mickey Mouse, I was enamored with the "Pastoral Symphony" a fantasy of mythology with flying horses, cherubs and centaurs. It shaped my teen years in Commercial Art school and now screen captures of the characters from the DVD decorate my daughters' rooms.
During the "Pastoral Symphony" there is a scene where a comical Nero-type character rides in on a unicorn donkey. He is escorted by two beautiful African centaurettes. Their horse bodies are zebras. One refills Nero's cup with wine and one cools him with a giant feather fan. They are clearly servants or slaves. I thought they were the only black centaurettes in the movie
In doing research to find pictures to decorate my daughters' rooms, "Sunflower" was revealed to me. As one can see from the pencil drawing above, she is not politically correct for today. She was in scenes of the "Pastoral Symphony", grooming centaurettes for the arrival of the centaurs and following the zebra sequence. She was removed by Disney prior to that 1968 rerelease, so therefore I have never seen this in it's entirety. She was a truly stereotypical character and not needed at all. The cherubs are doing a great job of preparing the centaurettes. However, the screen cuts that Disney did to eliminate Sunflower, yet keep the continuity of the soundtrack, are quite obvious and detract from the beauty of the DVD. According to the Internet Movie Database and The Memory Hole website (who holds the last remaining pictures of this character) Disney denies that Sunflower ever existed.
For political correctness and the African/American community, should Sunflower have been eliminated from the sequence? Of course! However, with the amount of space available on a DVD, the complete sequence should have been included as a special feature. By denying that she ever existed, Disney has altered a classic. It's wrong. A part of our history is gone. How can I teach my children the sins of the past if we sanitize everything?
Those who do not know the past are destined to repeat it.
"My wife and I were also concerned that our children would miss out on the socialization available in the public schools...so once a week we take our kids into the bathroom, cuss at them, push them around, steal their lunch money, and offer them drugs, and that seems to take care of it." FReeper Oberon
Remember, I'm not misrepresenting your beliefs, I'm just disagreeing with you. -FR Hacksaw
FReeper- Hegewisch Dupa
Too many here cant wait to unzip their dogma and swing it around in an obnoxious superiority dance.
The Pope on Co-redemptrix
Yet when asked, in a 2000 interview by Peter Seewald contained in the book God and the World, whether the Church would go along with the desire to solemnly define Mary as Co-redemptrix, Ratzingers response doesnt look good. He says that the title Co-redemptrix departs to too great an extent from the language of Scripture and of the Fathers and therefore gives rise to misunderstandings (53). He also says that for matters of faith, continuity of terminology with the language of Scripture and that of the Fathers is itself an essential element; it is improper simply to manipulate language (54).
In fact the Spirit of Christ has not refrained from using them as instruments of salvation, whose value derives from that fullness of grace and of truth which has been entrusted to the Catholic Church