Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Bret Schundler Needs Our Help!
Bret Schundler for Governor ^ | 10/7/01 | Bret Schundler, Candidate for Governor, NJ

Posted on 10/07/2001 8:24:01 AM PDT by Antoninus

Dear Campaign Supporter:

Did you know one 30-second TV ad on NBC can cost $16,000? One newspaper ad in the Star Ledger or Asbury Park Press can cost $6,500?

Despite these huge election costs, I am proud to say our campaign has done extremely well: Jim McGreevey has been running for governor for five years, yet we are almost at parity financially speaking.

Moreover, we enter the final month of the campaign with both sides about even among voters who know both of us.

Our message of strong leadership to cut taxes and keep our economy strong is resonating with voters. The choice before New Jersey’s voters is clear - they can cast a vote for me, with my proven record of leadership in Jersey City (where I cut taxes, slashed the crime rate and found innovative ways to deliver better government services at lower cost), or they can cast a vote for Jim McGreevey, who raised property taxes 59 percent in Woodbridge, even as violent crime soared.

Recent polls have shown that as voters are finally tuning in to the campaign, and comparing the two candidates, they’re coming our way - in fact, we’ve cut Jim McGreevey’s summertime lead in half, and are well-positioned to overtake him as we enter the final month of the campaign.

Where this campaign has been at a disadvantage, though, is in money raised - in large part because our party had a fractious primary.

With 32 days to go, we still need to raise $250,000 to complete our fundraising. That's why I am personally appealing to you to make a contribution to the campaign today of $50, $75, $125, $250 or whatever you can afford. Simply click https://www.campaignsolutions.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/profile.d2w/input?can_ref=291 and you can make a secure donation online, right now.

Contributions are matched through the New Jersey Election Fund, so a donation for $100 is really like giving $300, and a check for the maximum allowable "$2,600" is really like giving "$7,800".

I would not ask for your support if we were not convinced we were positioned for victory. Please help us close the gap in these remaining few weeks - your support means a great deal.

With sincere appreciation, I am

Bret Schundler
Candidate for Governor

P.S. I am appealing to you to make a contribution to the campaign today of $50, $75, $125, $250 or whatever you can afford. Simply click here https://www.campaignsolutions.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/profile.d2w/input?can_ref=291 to make a secure donation online, right now or send a check today to Schundler for Governor, Inc., 395 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052 We need to receive your check by October 16th in order to have maximum impact.

TOPICS: Front Page News; News/Current Events; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 101-118 next last
Calling all Freepers (not just those of you in NJ)! I received this email from the Schundler campaign last night. They need our help. They can't depend on help from the NJ Republican party because, as most of you know, the party is loaded with RINOs who would rather see a Democrat elected than a true conservative. That's where WE come in...

This is a GOLDEN opportunity to turn NJ politics on its head, boot out the RINOs and the Democrats in one fell swoop and elect a TRUE CONSERVATIVE in New Jersey.

Please help if you can. If you can't help out financially, why not call or email a family member or friend in New Jersey and remind them of how important this election really is. Encourage them to help out however they can.

D@mn the RINOs! LET'S ROLL!
1 posted on 10/07/2001 8:24:01 AM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: RepubMommy; OldFriend; Clikker; BeforeISleep; Dead; Coleus; Exit148; Exit109
Go Bret GO!
2 posted on 10/07/2001 8:27:45 AM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Antoninus
I have sent email several times to his campaign, and have not received a response. I know where he stands on most issues except technology. NJ was doing good in the technology (computer) sector until the 2000 techwreck. What are his goals to re-establish NJ in this segment?
3 posted on 10/07/2001 9:16:20 AM PDT by rit

BRUMP!!!!!!!! Mc Gravy is a little twerp who can only "schmooze". The guy is (as a character in one of my favorite movies once said) a no talent A$$ clown who can offer NJ nothing more than a continuence of Florio's policies (higher taxes, gun control, more welfare, etc...) Mc Gravy will basically has no success with wich to build upon. Schundler is a hero. Look at what he has done for Jersey City!! It is unbelievable! He must win!!!
4 posted on 10/07/2001 9:18:53 AM PDT by Constitutional Patriot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: rit
Whom have you emailed?

I may be able to give you a specific person to email, rather than a campaign address.

5 posted on 10/07/2001 9:48:09 AM PDT by GEC
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Constitutional Patriot;gobretgo;Coop
I almost forgot the requisite gobretgo indexing.
6 posted on 10/07/2001 9:49:14 AM PDT by GEC
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Go Bret Go!! BTTT
7 posted on 10/07/2001 11:07:52 AM PDT by firewalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

I'll get out my crowbar, and pry my skinny wallet open one more time.

Schundler's on the move. Maybe when it gets the lead under 5%, the press will actually acknowledge the move. Maybe not.

It might not be a bad idea to send McGreevey more money as well. Everytime he runs one of his whiney, wimpy ads Bret picks up voters. 8-)

8 posted on 10/07/2001 1:37:18 PM PDT by dead

To: dead
dead, Bret could be leading McGreevey 99-1 and the Star-Ledger would run with the headline "MCGREEVEY POISED FOR VICTORY; SCHUNDLER LOSING MOMENTUM". And don't get me started with those Gannett papers or the New Yawk Times.

I think that Bret should be buying ads right after McGreevey's spots. Imagine this ad: "The man you just heard wants to raise your taxes. He wants to trap your kids in failing schools. He loves parkway tolls. In fact, he once tried to tax your toilet paper."

9 posted on 10/07/2001 5:06:03 PM PDT by clikker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: clikker
That latest McGreevey ad is just as someone said:---- McGreevey sounds like Clinton.

When I heard it, I'd forgotten that someone had made that connection. He tried so hard to emulate that cracking voice, that I didn't pay any attention to what he said!! I hope it effects everyone that way!

Two commercials later, Bret came on and altho I'm, of course, biased --- his voice is as it is always --sincere and natural.

10 posted on 10/07/2001 5:54:42 PM PDT by Exit148
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Coop; Hugh Akston; Common Tator; genefromnewjersey
Go Bret Go!
11 posted on 10/07/2001 8:10:03 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: agrace; AM2000; AmericanGirl329; Atticus; Bars4Bill; Batrachian; belladona
NJ Bump!
12 posted on 10/07/2001 8:10:57 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: Betteboop; Big Tony Soprano; billthecat; Birdman; Black Agnes; Black Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream
Big NJ Bump!
13 posted on 10/07/2001 8:11:52 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: BobFromNJ; bubbafree; bytheBook; Cable225; Cagey; Captain Culpepper
Wake up, NJ! The election approacheth!
14 posted on 10/07/2001 8:12:51 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: clikker; Coachm; Coleus; ComradeBork; confiteor; ConservativeNJdad; ContraryMary; crimedog; Cucumber
NJ Bump!
15 posted on 10/07/2001 8:13:39 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

I got the same email up here in Ct. I sent him a hundred bucks. Keep me posted, thanks!
16 posted on 10/07/2001 8:14:12 PM PDT by jwalsh07
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: d-back; dbwz; dead; Desdinova; ditto h; Dog; Duke809; dyed_in_the_wool; Ed Toner; Ed_in_NJ
A great opportunity for Freepers across the country to help put a true conservative into the governor's mansion in New Jersey. Please lend a hand - at least bump this thread!
17 posted on 10/07/2001 8:22:20 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: jwalsh07
You da man. I'll remember you when Phony Joe Lie-berman or Chris Dudd is up again. I pray you guys will be able to field a candidate of Schundler's caliber.
18 posted on 10/07/2001 8:28:31 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: ELS; Ender@Game.now; F16Fighter; Florie; Focault's Pendulum; free me
Schundler Bump!
19 posted on 10/07/2001 8:30:47 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: freedom_forge; Freemeorkillme; Freeper 007; freeper0743; freepette; Fzob; geege; Go Gordon;
If you want higher taxes, don't bump this thread...
20 posted on 10/07/2001 8:32:15 PM PDT by Antoninus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 101-118 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson