Posted on 04/10/2025 8:29:36 PM PDT by 11th_VA
The Social Security Administration this week entered the names and Social Security numbers of more than 6,000 mostly Latino immigrants into a database it uses to track dead people, effectively erasing their ability to receive benefits or work legally in the United States, according to four people familiar with the situation and records obtained by The Washington Post…
Among the people being targeted are immigrants who have bona fide Social Security numbers but have lost their legal status in the U.S., such as those who entered under one of the Biden administration’s temporary work programs that have since ended.
The White House official — who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the new program — said those who were moved into the Social Security database this week all have ties to terrorist activity or criminal records. The official did not provide evidence of the alleged crimes or terrorist ties but said some are included on the FBI’s terror watch list.
The immigrants’ names were placed in the database following two memorandums of agreement signed Monday by Noem and Leland Dudek, the acting Social Security commissioner, according to the people familiar with the situation. The memos authorize Social Security to place the immigrants in the death file for national security reasons and under the Social Security Act, one official said. Some details about the program were first reported Thursday afternoon by the New York Times. But some current and former Social Security officials questioned the legality of the practice, saying that adding names of people that the agency knows have not died to the death database violates privacy laws that no longer apply when someone has actually died. Like others interviewed for this article, the current and former officials spoke on the condition of anonymity …
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
“Anonymous officials”
Ok, who’s blabbing?
Leaks need plugging...
To paraphrase Mr Wonderful, “you’re dead to me!”
Excellent!
The left does this repeatedly. It’s “Let them stay temporarily after ______ happened in their country” followed a few years later by “But they’ve been here so long it would be cruel to deport them!”.
And they always trot out the one supposedly law-abiding illegal alien working family (married with 3.5 children) in a city in order to pull at voters’ heartstrings. They never discuss the 5,000 criminal gang-bangers or illegal aliens that are on government benefits living in the same mid-size city.
Dead but ‘collecting’
Good! They never should have had social security numbers in the first place.
Would you include the names of the authors please?
Unlike you Ive never supported the illegal aliens
I remember that show.
L
The 360 year old guy? Must have been previously living in Guatemala!
That’s a nice evasive dodge there Nana.
Been watching it on Amazon Prime, it’s free with Prime. Never saw it before.
Better headline: Thousands of migrants found to be using the SS# from dead people.
So in other words, people who are here illegally are having their Social Security numbers revoked? Got it. Thanks, WaPo. Good to see our government is doing what it’s supposed to, for a change.
SS should also send them a bill demanding a return of all behefits already received.
That would probably encourage and expedite “self-deportation”.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.