Posted on 01/14/2012 3:19:52 PM PST by Eleutheria5
Lebanon-based Hizbullah chief Hassan Nasrallah has rejected a call by visiting United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon for his terrorist organization to disarm, saying "The resistance is here to stay."
Ban told a news conference Friday after meeting with Lebanese leaders, "I am deeply concerned about the military capacity of Hizbullah and... the lack of progress in disarmament," referring to the requirement for the terrorist group to disarm set forth in the ceasefire agreement with Israel that ended the 2006 Second Lebanon War. Instead, Hizbullah has increased its weapons arsenal to a level beyond that which it had prior to the war.
"That is why we discussed this matter very seriously and I strongly encouraged President [Michel] Sleiman to initiate a convening of this national dialogue to address these issues... All these arms outside of the authorized state authority -- it's not acceptable," Ban stated. The U.N. leader is expected to end his three-day visit to Lebanon by Sunday.
Soldiers from the U.N. Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) were attacked three times last year, with a number of Italian and French troops wounded. Also in the past year, two rocket attacks were launched against northern Israel as well, both times sparking concern that a major conflict might again be ignited. Hizbullah denied responsibility in each case.
Nasrallah responded to Ban's statement with one of his own in a televised speech on Saturday, commenting with some sarcasm, "I felt happy when I heard that he said he was concerned about our military power... This 'concern' reassures and pleases us...
"We do not care if the United States and Israel are concerned," he added, vowing that "resistance, army and the people are the only guarantee" to keep Lebanon safe......
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...
Lower the boom, Moon and slap their a$$es with the inhumane but effective.......RESOLUTION!!!! (gasp)
No, not that!
You may have missed the real message that was delivered.....
” What are you going to do in a few weeks when the Syrian government falls?”
Hezbollah was being gently reminded of their tenuous legal position and being given the chance to give up their weapons now.
They will not be able to say later that they weren’t given a chance
It is time for the Hezzie women to worry
Han’t Hassan Nasrallah reached the top of the hit parade yet?
Surprise Surprise!
By an amazing coincidence, I also reject a UN demand to disarm. My resistance is also here to stay.
Hmm.. Actually, I’d have to agree with Hizbulluh on this one.
So do I. If they’re armed, we can kill them with a clean conscience.
Very interesting. Thanks for posting. An UNaccountable bureaucrat with money, power and sycophantic ideologues behind him placing demands on an UNaccoutable totalitarian with money, power and sycophantic ideologues behind him.
...saying "The resistance is here to stay."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.