Posted on 07/17/2009 5:05:05 AM PDT by edpc
The Lebanese Army helped Hezbollah militants destroy evidence of its continued military activity in the south of the country after a hidden arms cache exploded there earlier this week, Israel's envoy to the United Nations has charged in an official complaint.
In a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Gabriela Shalev described the abandoned building in which the explosion took place as "an arms cache that consisted of Hezbollah arms, including rockets, mortars, artillery shells, grenades, and additional ammunition which had been brought to the area following the Second Lebanon War."
According to Shalev, the incident proves that Hezbollah has been acting in violation of UN Resolution 1701, which called for a cease-fire in southern Lebanon after the 2006 conflict.
(Excerpt) Read more at haaretz.com ...
Looks like the Lebanese are choosing sides. Cooperation with Hezbollah means you're ultimately under the control of Syria and ultimately, Iran. Very bad choice for their future.
Writing to the UN????????????????????????
They were helping hezbollah kill jewish soldiers.
High Volume.
--------------------------
The Lebanese gov’t is half in the bag for the Hizzies; also, continued viability (such as it is) requires not getting undermined by Israeli retaliation; the Hizzies also know this, and after their showing in the recent Lebanese elections, will be pushing up their provocations against Israel.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2154771/posts?page=727#727
#
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=idfnadesk&view=videos
Note: Video included.
http://israel.internet-haganah.com/archives/001609.html
HIZBALLAH NOT OPERATING SOUTH OF THE LITANI RIVER?
Guess again.
(July 17, 2009)
#
http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/unifil/index?tab=articles
http://israel.internet-haganah.com/archives/001612.html
July 20, 2009
EXPECTATIONS, REALISTIC AND OTHERWISE
#
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3751496,00.html
UN official: Warehouse which exploded in south Lebanon was Hezbollahs
Published: 07.23.09, 23:24 / Israel News
United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations Alain LeRoy said Thursday that Hezbollah was responsible for the latest up set in southern Lebanon.
During a UN Security Council session, LeRoy said that the warehouse which exploded in the area last week was used by Hezbollah. Ambassador Alex Wolff, of the US Mission to the UN, said that the Shiite groups action were in violation of UN Resolution 1701, which ended the Second Lebanon War. (Yitzhak Benhorin, Washington)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.