Skip to comments.The Catholic Church has succumbed to a “liberal left ideology which is destroying the West”
Posted on 06/16/2017 3:14:03 PM PDT by NYer
Edward Pentin of the National Catholic Register has a riveting interview with an Egyptian Greek Melkite Jesuit. No, no. This is a good one. He interviews Fr Henri Boulad, an expert on Islam. You would do well to read the whole thing over there, but here is a bit.
Jesuit Scholar: Seeking to Defend Islam at All Costs Is Betraying the Truth
In an interview with the Register, Egyptian Greek Melkite Jesuit Father Henri Boulad explains why he believes Islamist terrorists are applying what their religion teaches them, and why the Church fails to address this because she has fallen prey to a leftist ideology that is destroying the West.
The Church should not defend Islam at all costs and seek to exonerate it from the horrors committed every day in its name or else one ends up betraying the truth, a leading Jesuit scholar of Islam has asserted.
Greek Melkite Jesuit Father Henri Boulad believes that when it comes to dealing with Islam, the Catholic Church has succumbed to a liberal left ideology which is destroying the West based on the pretext of openness, tolerance and Christian charity.
In a June 10 interview with the Register, Father Boulad reveals that he shared these sentiments with Pope Francis in a letter he wrote to him last August, telling him that many think the Popes own views on Islam are aligned with this ideology, and that, from complacency, you go from concessions to concessions, and compromises in compromises, at the expense of the truth.
Christians, he wrote, are expecting something from you other than vague and harmless declarations that may obscure reality.
Some said the Pope took a diplomatic yet slightly firmer line on Islam when he gave an address to Al Azhar university in Cairo at the end of April.
Father Boulad, 85, an Egyptian and a relative of the Jesuit scholar of Islam, Father Samir Khalil Samir, also discusses in this interview why he believes Islamists are merely carrying out what their religion teaches, whether Islam is capable of reform, and how, despite its problems, the religion can help the Church in acting as a bulwark against secularist ideology.
PENTIN: Father Boulad, what evidence is there to show that Islam is inherently violent?
Here are clear statements of the Koran itself : [Clear tenets of the Religion of Peace…]
“Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them.” Koran 2:191
“Make war on the infidels living in your neighbourhood.” Koran 9:123
“When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them.” Koran 9:5
“Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable.” Koran 3:85
“The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them.”… Koran 9:30
“Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam” Koran 5:33
“Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies.” Koran 22:19
“The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them.” Koran 8:65
“Muslims must not take the infidels as friends.” Koran 3:28
“Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an.” Koran 8:12
“Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels.” Koran 8:60
Added to these are a few samples of Muhammads teachings and life. Here are some quotations taken from Muslim sources:
– “I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah” – (Muslim 1:33)
– “Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah.” (Ibn Ishaq 992). Muhammads life was a succession of warfare, plundering and killings and every Muslim is invited to imitate this supreme model.
– Muhammad owned and traded slaves – (Sahih Muslim 3901), and ordered his followers to stone women for adultery. – (Muslim 4206)
– He himself beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys, (Abu Dawud 4390) ordered the murder of women (Ibn Ishaq 819, 995) and killed those who insulted him. – (Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)
– According to him, Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one’s position in Paradise by a hundred fold. – (Muslim 4645)
– In his last ten years, he ordered 65 military campaigns and raids. – (Ibn Ishaq) and killed captives taken in battle. – (Ibn Ishaq 451)
– He encouraged his men to rape enslaved women, (Abu Dawood 2150, Quran 4:24), he put apostates to death, plundered and lived off the wealth of others, captured and enslaved non-Muslim people.
– After Mohammeds death, his followers attacked and conquered the populations of 28 countries and declared holy war on the people of five major world religions.
Examples from Islamic history:
– In the first 240 years, 11 of the first 32 caliphs were murdered by fellow Muslims.
– Muslim clerics have always engaged in or condoned terrorism all along history and up till now.
– We witness daily religious violence against Hindus, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Christians. The converts to Christianity are beheaded.
– The victims of slave traffic done by the Arabs during almost ten centuries amount to tens of millions of people.
– Each year, thousands of Christian homes and churches are torched or bombed by Muslim mobs, and hundreds of Christians, priests, pastors, nuns and other church workers are murdered at the hands of Islamic extremists. The so-called justification varies, from charges of apostasy or evangelism, to purported “blasphemy” or ” insulting” Islam. Innocent people have even been hacked to death by devout Muslims over cartoons. Islam is an open-ended declaration of war against non-Muslims.
PENTIN: Are the extremists simply being faithful to an authentic Islam in your view?
Clearly YES. Extremists are just applying what their religion teaches them to do.
PENTIN: Should the Pope and the Vatican shed what some view as political correctness and address Islam for what scholars and others believe it really is?
Of course. To illustrate my view, I quote here some excerpts of my personal letter to Pope Francis addressed to him last August:
Everyone, please read
Defeating Jihad: The Winnable War by Sebastian Gorka.
US HERE UK HERE
And get a Kindle! US HERE UK HERE
I also recommend The Grand Jihad by Andrew McCarthy. This explains how and why the liberal left coddles and cooperates in the destruction of Western culture.
US HERE UK HERE
The Catholic Church succumbed about 50 years ago, at least.
What makes anyone think that libwads could destroy the Church when even bad bishops over the last 2,000 years have been unable to do it.
“The Catholic Church succumbed about 50 years ago, at least.
First, the theology after 200ad.
Now the ideology.
We need revival and draining the swamp.
The Church on the way to Sweden.
Evils of Islam
This is why anyone who takes their Catholic faith seriously needs to find a trad parish near them and support it.
I belong to a “regular” Catholic Parish Community and don’t hear any of this ideology coming from our parishioners except for a few old Hippie types left over from the 60’s. The Church will survive this, too. Think more about the many Catholics in countries where they are martyred for their faith. It is happening today. Keep them in prayer.
Conflating Faith with Politics is a fools errand.
The pope, not the Church as a whole. The pope is not worthy to be pope. He should resign.
“This is why anyone who takes their Catholic faith seriously needs to find a trad parish near them and support it.”
Love to, but I don’t think there are any around here.
And probably all mainline Protestant churches have fallen for it as well. We Christians need to admit that the Moslem’s “Allah” is NOT the same god whom we follow, but an imposter, and an evil one.
“The pope is not worthy to be pope. He should resign.”
Resign? Do you know how long it took Satan to get one of his own onto the throne? Satan’s not going to let him resign. Or die. Satan takes care of his own.
Hang in there and keep searching. Maybe there are some Latin masses held in local parishes.
The movement is growing.
Last count there were only 200 Traditional Latin Mass churches affiliated with the Fraternal Society of Saint Peter (FSSP) in the US.
Many of us have no TLM available at all, or within hundreds of miles.
Attendance would require 7 hour round trips and overnight stays. It’s very scary. To receive Holy Communion we endure the vandalized Mass and revolting pretense of even being Catholic. Clearly many churches have ditched Roman Catholic identity and are fully protestant to the Church.
841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."330
3. The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.
Since in the course of centuries not a few quarrels and hostilities have arisen between Christians and Moslems, this sacred synod urges all to forget the past and to work sincerely for mutual understanding and to preserve as well as to promote together for the benefit of all mankind social justice and moral welfare, as well as peace and freedom.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decl_19651028_nostra-aetate_en.html p>Roman Catholicism needs to clear up this matter.
To be clear...Christians and Muslims do not adore the same God. The difference in Christianity and Roman Catholicism on this issue needs to be noted.
Christians worship God of the Bible.
Muslims worship Allah of the Koran...a created being.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.