Skip to comments.How to stop homosexual activism in the Episcopal church
Posted on 07/10/2006 5:56:53 PM PDT by sionnsar
Two years after Goodridge legalized "same-sex" marriage in Massachusetts, courts across America have consistently been ruling in favor of heterosexual marriage. It is truly astonishing that courts would be more moral than the American Episcopal and Congregational Churches.
There are two reasons why this is happening. First: churches have been invaded by experienced feminist gay and lesbian activists, who twenty years ago realized that it was necessary to take over churches to melt moral yardsticks down to the level of feminism.
These activists have been successful for one reason: the nice lay people who sit on Church boards sit down and shut up when somebody calls them an intolerant bigot. Gay blessings and trans-gendered scriptural interpretations have been rammed down the throats of churchgoers, few of whom agree with it, but none who know how to stand up to trained activists who know how to play hardball power politics.
Second: Courts are learning why gay marriage is unconstitutional. On the heels of the Goodridge decision, which forced gay marriage on the Massachusetts plebiscite, I published an article titled "Why Gay Marriage Is Unconstitutional."
I did not realize the importance of this piece until meeting with Peter Sprigg, of Family Research Council, who was stunned that the principles set forth in the article had not been realized in time to stop Goodridge. In the article, I set forth the argument that is being applied by organizations defending heterosexual marriage.
Correspondingly, the "good guys" have won every court case since Goodridge, even in the infamous California Ninth Circuit Court. The thesis set forth in my previous piece is this: Marriage is the first, and the greatest guarantor of human equality in history.
It is the only civil rights institution that erases all natural, physical, social, economic, and culturally-imposed disparities between men and women. It is heterosexual marriage which forms the whole cloth of the human race. Heterosexual marriage prevents segregation along gender lines. Marriage is the only civil rights institution that creates the necessary social institution of fatherhood.
It is the only moral institution that most-often prevents poverty for women and children. Heterosexual marriage does not affect either sex adversely because it is wholly inclusive of both sexes. Conversely, same-sex marriage is unconstitutional because it exaggerates the physical, social, cultural, and economic differences between men and women.
Radical feminists have wanted same-sex marriage all along to entirely take over the institutions of marriage and family. We can predict a very dangerous free-fall of civil society if we allow this to happen.
We have not yet realized that "no-fault divorce" was merely sales language for the successful feminist campaign to secede from heterosexual marriage. Now this goal is largely accomplished, feminists are executing phase two: the forced segregation of marriage to give feminists all the rights and men all the responsibilities.
Courts are re-finding their moral footings, and in many cases outdoing some Churches. Now it is time for us to help the Episcopal and Congregational churches regain solid footings in the ecclesiastical realm.
Church leaders who even consider gay "blessings," advocate for gay marriage, or are gay or lesbian themselves, have perverted their moral duty as teachers of scripture.
Since leaders of the Episcopal and Congregational Churches have demonstrated an inability to follow the simplest of Biblical principles, it is the Christian duty of church members to lead them back to scripture in a firm but brotherly way. Below is a very effective tool I have used successfully that requires only one person to bring about the rejection of feminists who have taken over your church, or a church in your community.
If you print the below as a single-page hand-out and leaflet the automobiles on your church parking lot during services, the rest will take place naturally in just a few months.
The cleansing of the local churches will naturally remove activists at the national level, and bring about a moral restoration of the Episcopalian and Congregational churches. With some modifications, this will also work with Reform Jewish Congregations, some of which have become centers for predatory lesbian-feminist activism.
To All Members of [your] Church:
1. [Use sentences that apply] [Name] has strongly advocated same-sex marriage in our church. Scriptures and Psalms have been replaced with paraphrased equivalents modified to substitute gay and feminist agenda for biblical meaning. [He/She] has strongly pursued the Board and members of this church, and received permission to quietly perform anti-biblical homosexual ceremonies in this house of the Lord.
2. [Name] has helped certain "radical social revisionists" assume tight control of the committees governing church activities. Those in our community who stand for wholesome values are not permitted to speak freely about the take-over of this church, while those who believe in radical values such as same-sex marriage and radical feminism are invited to "educate" this church on crucial social issues regarding our community and this nation.
3. There is no biblical passage that supports same-sex marriage. [Name] has transmogrified or discounted liturgical discussion of all biblical passages which speak directly against this, and instead taught that the bible is an instrument comprised of outdated "taboos" which may be selectively ignored or revised according to perverse secular political, social and sexual mores. Certainly, we do not stone people for being homosexual. But lacking repentance, we are still sinners unto death. This doesn't lay grounds for suggesting that sins should now be godly.
4. There are several passages in the Bible directing us to avoid homosexuality. There are no passages that teach in favor of it either directly or indirectly.
5. [Name] has lead us down a path of paganism as the spiritual leader of this church. We are warned in the Bible to avoid following anyone who would lead us down this path.
6. This is the house of the Lord. It is important for us to protect the moral centerpiece of our community and to take reasonable efforts to stop anyone who would teach this church that sin is something that should be fortified under the bible.
7. Let us not confuse "tolerance" with the establishment of worship of anti-Christian values. Let us not place on the altar what we would never teach in our homes.
8. This is our community. What we permit our church to do establishes those actions that as acceptable community standards. As citizens and parents we have done everything in our effort to stop those who might legalize homosexual marriage, or teach our school children that homosexuality is a wholesome lifestyle they should adopt. Yet, this is what [Name] is doing within the church, and we have not had the courage to prevent it.
9. I have done the best I can as a Christian to fulfill my Christian duty to help [Name] return to the scripture for the benefit of this church and our community.
10. Let us expect [Name] to withdraw [his or her] agenda for homosexual marriage. Let us suggest that [he or she] take leave for spiritual rebirth. Let us be firm in this, for we need spiritual leadership from our [Title]. Until [Name] recants and has experienced a sincere spiritual healing, let us stay in our homes. We shall study the Bible peacefully, that we might recommit to a healthy moral and spiritual life, and pray for a healing of the ministry of this church.
Suggested family home bible studies for prayer and meditation seeking moral rebirth of ourselves and our church during this time for healing: Leviticus 20:13, Proverbs 14:2-10, Proverbs 19:1-8, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 2 Timothy 3:3-9, Matthew 6:7-16, Matthew 12:18-38, Matthew 18:15, Galatians 5:18-25, 1 Timothy 1:9-15, Genesis 6:5-13, John 7:6-7, Luke 20:41, 1 Corinthians 7:25-39, 1 Peter 5:1-11, 1 John, Romans 1:24-28, Ephesians 4:13-17, Colossians 3:1-9, Revelations 22:14-19, Jude 1:13-19, Titus 1:16, Titus 2:1-8, Deuteronomy 30:10-16, Romans 7:14-23, Luke 17:23-29, Proverbs 4:24-27, Proverbs 5:1-6, Proverbs 8:4-13, Proverbs 12:4-11, Acts 20:27-33, 1 Timothy 6:9, Mark 4:18-24; Matthew 15:12-20, Leviticus 5:3-9, Matthew 7:15-22, and Ephesians 6:10-18
Copyright 2006 David Usher - All Rights Reserved
---David R. Usher is Legislative Analyst for the American Coalition for Fathers and Children, Missouri Coalition And is a co-founder and past Secretary of the American Coalition for Fathers and Children.
Make it a capital crime?
Not about to happen here soon. I just wonder if any of this is actionable.
"Not about to happen here soon. I just wonder if any of this is actionable."
Nope...not even close, S!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.