Posted on 07/09/2025 7:47:14 PM PDT by yesthatjallen
Six agents were suspended by the U.S. Secret Service for failures connected to last year's attempted assassination of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania, an official told ABC News.
The personnel moves were confirmed four days shy of the anniversary of the July 13, 2024, shooting incident that left Trump's ear bloodied.
Corey Comperatore, a firefighter attending Trump's campaign rally that day, died in the attack.
Countersnipers in Trump's Secret Service who were on-site killed the shooter, identified by the FBI as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks.
In the aftermath of the shooting, an independent review by the Department of Homeland Security showed a series of law enforcement breakdowns had created an environment that left Trump vulnerable to a would-be assassin.
"The Secret Service does not perform at the elite levels needed to discharge its critical mission," the report found. "The Secret Service has become bureaucratic, complacent, and static even though risks have multiplied and technology has evolved."
The Secret Service director at the time, Kimberly Cheatle, resigned 10 days after the shooting.
SNIP
(Excerpt) Read more at abc7.com ...
Preparing tomorrow for yesteryear's threats.
Should be sacked!
Hmmm. The “without pay” thing is interesting. And why all 6 instead of whoever the team leader was. They were the one that had overall responsibility. Curious.
Almost certainly included the team leader. And maybe the others for having seen lapses/holes but failed to speak up. That would be my guess.
Someone there was put in place. They directed what should happen and paid others off. They then messed it up completely.
If anything, if there’s any digital evidence this happened, people need to be h==ged.
“And why all 6 instead of whoever the team leader was.”
What inside info are you basing that idea on?
“A series of law enforcement breakdowns”? Local law enforcement is not responsible for the security of the President. This was all on the SS no matter how much they try to spread the blame.
Democrats introduced Bill To Strip Trump’s Secret Service Protection
Biden tells donors: “Its time to put Trump in the Bullseye”
Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle focuses on “diversity hires”
NY Times’ John McWhorter declares “it’s a good thing” if somebody assassinated Trump
Cong Dan Goldman said “Trump must be eliminated”
Singer Bette Midler Suggested Biden’s FBI Use Deadly Force
The Federalist ^ | 7/13/2024 | MONROE HARLESS
FR Posted on 7/14/2024, 1:08:44 AM by ding_dong_daddy_from_dumas
Democrat Bennie Thompson, ranking member, House Committee on Homeland Security, introduced the absurdly named “Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable (DISGRACED) Former Protectees Act (HR 8081)” on April 19, 2024.
Democrat co-sponsors include Reps:
<><>Yvette D. Clarke,
<><>Troy A. Carter Sr.,
<><>Frederica Wilson,
<><>Bonnie Watson Coleman,
<><>Jasmine Crockett,
<><>Joyce Beatty,
<><>Barbara Lee,
<><>Steve Cohen.
Question: who put these Democraps up to facilitating a Trump assassination?
Benny Thompson
<>headed the infamous Jan. 6th Commission
<>crafted the bill w/ nine co-sponsors to strip Trump of S/S detail.
<>was a black separatist early on (his resume enhancer?)
Thompson aide and field director, tax paid “civil rights” activist,
Jacqueline Marsaw tweeted she wished the assassin had “better aim.”
Democrat Bennie Thompson, ranking member, House Committee on Homeland Security, introduced the absurdly named “Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable (DISGRACED) Former Protectees Act (HR 8081)” on April 19, 2024.
Trump will Squeeze Blood from a Turnip!
That's the real scandal.
I still remember the female(?) SS agent reaching two or three times to unholster the gun on her hip...while sorta’ being a protective barrier to Trump. Clearly incapable of fulfilling the mission. Hope she’s been rolled out.
CBS News Report reveals what ousted Biden S/S
Director Kimberly Cheatle has been focused on
From Tilted Irish Kilt | 07/14/2024 4:29:12 AM PDT read
Each of the DemocRATic clowns who wanted to reduce the secret service coverage for Trump
should be held partially responsible for this assassination attempt due to their rhetoric and position.
They are an embarrassment to the body politic as all 93 ‘felony charges arise from ‘lawfare’ from kangaroo courts.
They have demonstrated a series of un-Constitutional twisting of the law, and creating contortions of the legal system to fit their purpose.
The American people have seen thorough their charade of lawfare.
The interesting thing is that they have created a legal precedent, that can and will come around to bite their own a
**.
I have believed for the last several years that President Trump is not safe in the hands of the SS. The good officers know who the shitters are. It is time for the shady ones to begin to disappear for public life and become toxically unemployable.
20 Questions Unanswered After Cheatle Resigns (by request?) As S/S Director
The Federalist ^ | 24 July 2024 | ARIANNA VILLARREAL
Posted on 7/24/2024, 7:41:14 AM by Sam77
Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle resigned from her post on Tuesday after a colossal failure that nearly ended in the assassination of former President Donald Trump, but many questions about the violent incident remain unanswered.
“I have made the difficult decision to step down as your Director,” she wrote in an internal letter to the Secret Service following Monday’s House Oversight and Accountability Committee hearing in which members from both sides of the aisle went after Cheatle.
(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...
Why were these 6 still getting paid for the last year? They should have been sacked July 14, 2024
Whistleblower Reveals Shocking Detail About Butler, PA Trump Rally
Townhall.com ^ | 23 August A.D. 2024 | Rebecca Downs
Posted on 8/23/2024, 4:57:41 PM by lightman
When it comes to the assassination attempt against former and potentially future President Donald Trump on July 13, Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) has been sharing details from whistleblowers about the incident, with more chilling details still coming out.
As he revealed in a letter sent to Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe, a whistleblower “alleges that officials at Secret Service headquarters encouraged agents in charge of the trip not to request any additional security assets in its formal manpower request—effectively denying these assets through informal means.”
Not only is such information particularly damning to the U.S. Secret Service (USSS) and how they have been handling the attempt on Trump’s life, it also contradicts what Rowe previously told Congress.
“You must explain this apparent contradiction immediately,” Hawley also wrote, after pointing out that Rowe “repeatedly suggested that no security assets had been denied for the Butler event.” Rowe, as Hawley pointed out, even claimed that he had been “very transparent and forthcoming.”
Hawley’s letter goes into further detail about the denial. “According to the allegations, officials within this office preemptively informed the Pittsburgh field office that the Butler rally was not going to receive additional security resources because Trump is a former president and not the incumbent President or Vice President. According to the whistleblower, the manpower request did not include extra security resources because agents on the ground were told not to ask for them in the first place,” the letter continued.
In demanding more information from Rowe “immediately, and publicly,” Hawley also emphasized that “Your actions to place some field agents on leave are not enough. These serious allegations suggest that the failures to protect the former president extended to top officials at the agency.”
🚨🚨 NEW - Whistleblower says Secret Service HQ told agents working the Butler PA event NOT to request additional manpower resources for the rally & warned any such requests would be denied. Contradicts Director Rowe testimony, who said no resources were ever denied pic.twitter.com/85sHTAI82u — Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) August 23, 2024
Rowe came into the position after now former Director Kimberly Cheatle resigned last month, 10 days after Trump was shot at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. One man, Corey Comperatore, died and others were injured.
Earlier on Friday, Fox News reported that the Secret Service placed agents on leave, with Hawley reposting Chad Pergram to note it was “Long overdue,” as well as point out that he had made such a call weeks ago, and that such a delay was “inexplicable - and inexcusable.”
A bipartisan House task force is also investigating the assassination attempt, as Leah has been covering. Long overdue https://t.co/EDhKphoo4z — Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) August 23, 2024 I called for this weeks ago. The delay is inexplicable - and inexcusable https://t.co/EDhKphoo4z — Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) August 23, 2024
Biden Ordered Secret Service Protection for Ousted S/S Chief Cheatle
Real Clear Politics ^ | 8/16/24 | Susan Crabtree
Posted on 8/16/2024, 7:22:34 AM by hardspunned
The Secret Service is providing Kimberly Cheatle, its former director who resigned last month, a security detail in an unprecedented effort to protect a former agency chief amid lingering national anger about the myriad security lapses under her watch that led to the assassination attempt against former President Donald Trump and the killing of firefighter Corey Comperatore, according to three sources in the Secret Service community.
Cheatle has faced an ongoing firestorm of fury from Americans citizens, and even rank-and-file Secret Service special agents and officers, over the agency’s failures that created an opening for shooter Thomas Crooks to open fire on Trump, piercing his ear and killing Comperatore in front of his family and wounding two other rally-goers.
(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.