Posted on 08/24/2024 10:12:11 PM PDT by Freeleesy
Air Force fighter jets attacked terrorist targets in Lebanon tonight (between Saturday and Sunday), after Hezbollah's preparations to launch rockets and missiles at the State of Israel were detected. Defense Minister Galant signed a special situation on the home front for 48 hours , the IDF spokesman told the public: "The defense is not airtight, continue to act responsibly."
Notable updates:
-Political source: Hezbollah also intended to fire at strategic installations in the center of the country.
-Hezbollah in an official statement: We have completed the first phase of the response, we have launched 320 rockets
-The Home Front Command has updated the defensive instructions from the Gush Dan and North.
-The thwarted shooting: Hezbollah planned to fire about 6,000 rockets and UAVs into Israel.
Regular updates - minute by minute.
08:01 - American senior: the forces in the Middle East - to thwart an attack from Iran
A senior American told the New York Times: The The deployment of the US military in the Middle East is mainly oriented towards deterrence at thwarting an attack from Iran. The IDF is itself dealing with thwarting an attack by Hezbollah from southern Lebanon. The two American aircraft carriers, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, are stationed in the Gulf of Oman.
07:56 - Assessment: IDF strikes hit thousands of Hezbollah missiles and UAVs.
07:46 - In Lebanon they claim: the IDF attack - the most powerful since the beginning of the war. The Lebanese news agency updates that the Israeli attack was the "most violent" since the war began. According to the report, at least two people were injured, in attacks that led to "serious damage" to the local infrastructure.
07:37 - More alarms in Hurfeish, Sasa and in the Meron area.
07:34 - Published: Sergeant Amit Tsadikov, 20 years old from Beit Dagan, was killed in a battle in Gaza.
Sergeant Amit Tsadikov, 20 years old, from Beit Dagan, a fighter in the 202nd Battalion, Parachute Brigade, fell in battle in the south of the Gaza Strip. Tzadikov is the 700th space since the beginning of the war. During the fighting in the Gaza Strip, another fighter was seriously injured.
07:12 - A political source: Hezbollah's attack was also aimed at strategic facilities in the center of the country.
Senior Israeli officials clarified: the "removal of the threat" operation - due to the understanding that Hezbollah intends to carry out a shooting that has not been carried out so far during the war.
07:10 - Foreign Minister Katz addressed foreign ministers around the world: we worked to prevent a certain attack.
Katz addressed dozens of foreign ministers around the world and called on them to support Israel. Minister Katz made it clear that Israel is not interested in an all-out war and will act according to developments. "We acted to prevent a certain attack on Israel, we will act strongly against anyone who threatens us," Katz said.
07:03 - Hizbollah in an official announcement: We have completed the first phase of the response, we have launched 320 rockets.
07:01 - Damage to a house in Acre as a result of a direct hit.
Direct damage to Acre (photo: according to Article 27 A)
06:55 - Documentation - UAV hit on a road in the Golan.
06:52 - Political official: We removed a serious threat to millions of citizens.
A political official clarified after the attacks in Lebanon: "This is not an attack to start a war but to remove a serious threat to millions of Israeli citizens. The continuation of the escalation depends on Hezbollah's action." In the meantime, the government meeting at 11:00 was cancelled.
06:49 - The White House: President Biden is following the events.
The White House said Biden is in contact with his national security team and is monitoring recent events. "In his instructions, senior administration officials are in contact with Israeli officials," the White House said in a statement. "President Biden will continue to support Israel's right to defend itself and we will continue to work for stability in the region."
06:45 - Report: Israel destroyed rocket launchers that aimed to fire on Tel Aviv at 05:00.
A Western intelligence source told the New York Times: Israel's pre-emptive strike in Lebanon hit missile launchers that were aiming to fire at Tel Aviv early in the morning. The Western source added that all the launchers that were attacked were destroyed and that Israel expects a major response from Hezbollah.
06:40 - The Home Front Command updated the instructions from Dan and North areas.
The IDF spokesman updated: "The Home Front Command updated the policy in the last few hours. You can have an educational activity and go to work - if you can reach the protected space during the defense. The highway will open at 07:00.
Hagari added: "We continue to remove threats on the home front. Dozens of planes are now attacking targets in southern Lebanon. The defense systems are on a defense mission. When we said - we will do everything necessary to protect the citizens, that's what we meant."
06:29 - Documentation: Interception at sea, before hitting a vessel. Instructions from the Home Front Command (photo: IDF spokesman Instructions of the Home Front Command Photo : IDF spokesman 06:25 - Minister of Defense Gallant spoke with the American Secretary of Defense
Gallant spoke with his American counterpart Austin, on the background of the attack in Lebanon. "We attacked Lebanon in a targeted manner in order to remove an immediate threat to the citizens of Israel," Gallant said. "We are following what is happening in Beirut and are determined to use all the means at our disposal in order to protect our citizens."
According to a statement from Gallant's office, the minister and his colleague discussed the need to prevent regional escalation. The Pentagon said: " Defense Minister Lloyd Austin emphasized in his speech the commitment of the United States to defend Israel in any attack by Iran and its forces in the region."
In the meantime, it was reported in the US that Israel informed the Americans in advance of the intention to carry out an operation to remove the threat from Hezbollah.
06:20 - Hezbollah officially announced: they are responding to the assassination of Fuad Shukr.
The terrorist organization stated that the shooting at Israel was part of the response to the assassination of Hezbollah commander Fuad Shukar. "We launched an air attack with a large number of UAVs towards the depths of Israel and military targets. The military operations will take time, we are on the highest alert." Hezbollah added: "If Lebanese citizens are harmed - the punishment will be severe and very severe."
06:17 - The shooting to the north continues, about 200 launches were carried out into Israeli territory in the last two hours .
06:10 - Acre: slightly wounded by shrapnel
6,000 rockers thwarted.
Watch Yair Pinto on TBN Israel on Youtube about what is happening in Israel. Always up to date info about the war.
Lebanon has not learned. This is why no neighbor will admit the likes of hamas or “palestinians” again. They all did years ago, under the guise of “refugee status”. Then, all the rat bastids did was attack others and foment coups.
C’mon, bring it down to scale. What would you do if your neighbor raised rabid dogs in his back yard and routinely let them out to roam the neighborhood?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.