Skip to comments.William Barr, H.W. Bush-era attorney general, eyed as possible Sessions successor
Posted on 12/06/2018 11:14:08 AM PST by libstripper
President Trump wants to nominate William Barr, the George H.W. Bush-era leader of the Justice Department, as his next attorney general, sources told Fox News.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
Sure why not. “Drain the swamp” was just a campaign slogan anyway.
Come on...no way!
We are being served milquetoast.
“Hideous, loathsome, abominable choice, if true.”
Trump appoints who Pence and Kelly allow him to appoint. This crap appointment would not surprise me in the least.
Bagpipers are crazy. Every last one of 'em.
Didn’t think he could make a worse choice than Sessions. I was wrong.
1. I don't know a whole lot about him, but from what I have seen I'd say Barr was probably the best U.S. Attorney General since the Reagan administration. Take that for what it's worth, since most of these people have been knuckleheads at best and @ssholes at worst.
2. If Trump nominates Barr, I'd say the Mueller investigation is officially over. There's no good reason for Trump to hire someone with a long Washington track record if the Mueller debacle is still ongoing.
3. If Trump nominates Barr, then I'd say he was never as unhappy with Sessions as he has claimed to be for the last 18+ months.
We could do worse.
What is your objection?
I was referring to BOB Barr.
Washed up Post just wanted to throw a name out there that DS likes..
1. He seems to be very conservative philosophically.
2. He has a long paper trail of legal documents supporting the independence of the President under the U.S. Constitution.
3. He's gotten a lot of grief from the media and leftist political groups for his anti-abortion views.
I imagine these “sources” saw Trump and Barr speaking at Bush’s funeral yesterday, and just made this great leap to suggest that Barr would be nominated as the next AG. LOL.
Bob Barr? Is he still alive?
That would lose my vote. Same old $hit.
- 68 years old
- Native of New York City
- Degree in Chinese studies
- Worked for the CIA (73-77)
- Domestic policy staff at the Reagan White House (82-83)
- Wrote opinions justifying the U.S. invasion of Panama and arrest of Manuel Noriega
- Easily confirmed as AG in only two days (1991)
Almost as bad as banjo players.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.