Skip to comments.The 10 Most Annoying Liberals of 2016
Posted on 12/31/2016 6:27:19 AM PST by Kaslin
Honorable mentions: Samantha Bee, CAIR, Ta-Nesi Coates, Dixie Chicks, Bill Clinton, Ghostbusters 2016, Melissa Harris-Perry, Van Jones, John Kerry, Paul Krugman, Loretta Lynch, Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher, Chris Matthews, Harry Reid, Michael Moore, Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, John Podesta, Harry Reid, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chuck Schumer, Cora Segal, Martin Sheen, Jill Stein, George Takei, The View, Vox, Elizabeth Warren, Shannon Watts, The Southern Poverty Law Center, Brian Williams, Juan Williams
10) Salon.com: Singling out one liberal rag from legions of contemptuous, dishonest and nasty publications is difficult, but Salon deserves consideration because its website is a walking hate crime against white people. Just look at a tiny sliver of the articles Salon has run this year.
The invention of the white working class: The phrase of the year is racist hogwash
White is the new white: Too many white people know what they are not, but dont understand what they are
White people cant hang: Black Americans may be more resilient to stress than white Americans
Fighting back against Donald Trump's angry white voters
White fragility is real: 4 questions white people should ask themselves during discussions about race
White prosperity over racial equality: Its (still) the American way
Stuff white people like: Yoga, tacos and pretending the white supremacy that fuels cultural appropriation doesnt exist.
We must shame dumb Trump fans: The white working class are not victims
Whats the difference between Salon and a bunch of pathetic Nazis sending out Holocaust memes and ranting about the Jewish question? Other than the fact that Salon probably pays better and theyre on different sides, not much.
Defining Quote: "....The intellectual deformities and disfigurements of the average Trump supporter should provoke universal disgust....Most white, working-class voters left the Democratic Party because they did not want to associate with racial minorities, and they did not want to support any candidate who was unwilling to prove term by term his contempt for black people. ...It is racial resentment, and little else, that motivates the Trump supporter. ...The best tactic of defeat for Donald Trump is to shame his supporters, not sympathize with them. If support for Trump, or anyone with such ignorance and hatred at the center of his vision for the United States, invites public embarrassment, supporters will begin to cower. If they cower, they lose." -- David Masciotra
9) Martin Sheen, Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit And The Other Celebrities Trying To Stop Trump Via Faithless Electors: This is not South America. After a candidate wins an election, we dont start working on a coup to keep him from taking office. Yet, there was a full-on press by these celebrities and other prominent liberals like Michael Moore to get electors to try to throw the election to someone other than the man who won it. Setting aside the stupidity of setting this precedent (like Republicans wouldnt try the same thing if it worked) and the very real possibility that bloodshed would result, how can any Americans be so arrogant as to attempt to overturn a legitimate election just because they dont like the result?
Defining video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0iuWh3sek
Defining Quote: Was anyone there watching this election? Because if there is one indisputable takeaway from 2016, its this: No one gives a West Wing box set what Martin Sheen thinks about politics. Ian Tuttle
8) The Cast Of Hamilton: Nobody, especially the mainstream former Republican governor of Indiana, deserves this kind of rudeness from the stage when hes simply trying to watch a play in peace.
Vice-president elect Mike Pence, we welcome you and truly thank you for joining us at Hamilton American Musical. We sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us.
What a bunch of….lets just go with asshats, because I cant use the words Id like to use to describe these clowns.
Defining Quote: "When artists perform the venue becomes your home. The audience are your guests. Its taking unfair advantage of someone who thought they were a protected guest in your home....A guy comes to a Broadway show for a relaxing night out. Instead he gets a lecture from the stage! Not a level playing field. Its bullying. You dont single out an audience member and embarrass him from the stage. A terrible precedent to set. -- Steven Van Zandt
7) Lena Dunham/Amy Schumer: It was hard to make a call between Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer because theyre essentially the same person. Theyre both condescending celebrities who are endlessly praised like theyre remarkable figures despite the fact theyre annoying, vacuous and they insist on taking off their clothes every other time they get in front of a camera despite the fact that science has yet to perfect a recipe for eye bleach.
Defining Quote #1: Now that Amy Schumer is playing Barbie I'm more confident that my dream can come true of seeing Oprah Winfrey as the next Spiderman. Godfrey Elfwick
Defining Quote #2: Now I can say that I still havent had an abortion, but I wish I had. Lena Dunham
6) Sally Kohn: CNN Commentator Sally Kohn is an obnoxious mixture of preachiness and almost comically ignorant pronouncements mixed with a whiff of fascism. She probably has some redeeming qualities that explain how she could have a career on TV, but I have no idea what they might be.
Defining Quote #1: Hey @realDonaldTrump, many *progressive Muslims* -- the ones we should support in ideological fight against extremism -- believe in Sharia!! Sally Kohn
Defining Quote #2: Feelings are valid. Im never going to argue with peoples feelings. If they feel like they can no longer speak against positive social change, good, Kohn said of conservatives who are silenced on college campuses. They think [diversity] is dumbing down humanity, or the greatness and exceptionalism of America. Im happy thats under assault. -- Sally Kohn
Defining Quote #3: Look, people are only voting for Donald Trump, most of his supporters are only voting for him because hes a white guy. Sally Kohn
5) Rosie O'Donnell: Rosie ODonnell is a nasty woman who rather famously ended up on the wrong side of a dispute with an even nastier real estate mogul from New York who gave her back every insult that she aimed at him times ten. After realizing shed never beat Donald Trump, she apparently decided to move on to easier prey: his 10 year old son Barron. In a stunning display of bravery, Rosie suggested on Twitter that Barron might have autism. Rosie then ramped up her trolling of a 10 year old to epic levels by initially responding to calls for an apology with a poorly written poem that included the words, but this autism subject had nothing to do with Donald - though i admit he does trigger me in all ways. Yeah, Im sure it had nothing to do with Donald Trump.
Defining Exchange: Megyn Kelly: Youve called women you dont like fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals. Your Twitter account
Donald Trump: Only Rosie ODonnell.
4) Shaun King: Apparently, the liberal obsession with finding black pundits who have no talent other than the ability to come up with new things to call racist is jejune. Now, with Shaun Kings column in the NY Daily News, weve moved on to white guys who are pretending to be black calling everything under the sun racist. Incidentally, Im just as black as Shaun King; so I can say that. On the other hand, I do have to give Shaun King credit because he was magic in this scene from Tropic Thunder!
Defining video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfg1c8dyZYM
Defining Quote: The guy that wrote this story for the New York Daily News, hes not a journalist. Hes a race hustler from Twitter, from the Black Lives Matter movement who stirs racial controversy to elevate himself. Listen, the guys been busted. First of all, hes white and presenting himself as black. He said that as a child in high school he was allegedly attacked by a group of white people because he was black. Well, he wasnt black and there were people saying that wasnt why he was attacked and theres no proof of it. Jason Whitlock
3) Colin Kaepernick: Only in our celebrity-obsessed culture could one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL be rewarded for starting a widespread movement encouraging other pampered athletes to disrespect the flag of the nation that made them so wealthy. Heres hoping some aspiring Lawrence Taylor gives him the Joe Theismann treatment so he can start his career as an analyst on MSNBC a little early.
Defining Quote: You know, it's sad when you see rich, spoiled athletes that don't recognize what an incredible blessing this country is. You know, it's very easy when you're sitting there rolling in millions of dollars to disrespect this country. I come at it from a different perspective. I come from a perspective of my dad was imprisoned and tortured in Cuba, and America has meant what it's meant to millions across the globe. It's meant hope. It's meant freedom. Ted Cruz
2) Barack Obama: Obamas entire 2016, just like his presidency, was a little more than a string of disasters tied together with vacations, golf and smug lectures to people who quite correctly judged that he was incompetent. Obama started 2016 being humiliated by his pals in Iran who pushed American soldiers around for the fun of it and he ended the year trying to do everything possible to hinder the incoming Trump Administration. In 20 days, hell be gone….well, from the White House. Undoubtedly, the worst President in American history will still be out there giving his pompous little speeches to the bitter clingers in-between games of golf and getting high when Michelles not around. Were not going to miss you, buddy.
Defining Quote: The most important political story during the nearly eight years of the Obama presidency is how that presidency delivered a neutron-bomb strike to his party. Obama and the political structure of America have been left standing — but nearly 1,000 Democratic officeholders have been defeated. John Podhoretz
1) Hillary Clinton: Hillary Clinton is unlikable, hopelessly corrupt, relentlessly dishonest, arrogant, criminally incompetent, too feeble to be President and has a weird laugh. This is a woman who should have been running for President of her cell block, not President of the United States. That was bad enough. But, listening to the media force feed us a steady diet of, Isnt she wonderful for walking up the steps by herself and Wow, Hillarys existence certainly is a wonderful treat for every woman who ever lived was maddening.
Defining quote #1: I know she has begun to hate everyday Americans, but I think we should use it once the first time she says I'm running for president because you and everyday Americans need a champion. Hillarys aide John Podesta in an email revealed by WikiLeaks
Defining Quote #2: To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it. -- Hillary Clinton
Defining Quote #3: Why aren't I 50 points ahead,' you might ask. Hillary Clinton expressing bafflement that she wasnt cruising to an easy victory.
In the “honorable mention” section, you left out John McCain and Lindsey Graham...
John Hawkins: PuhLEEZE, get Joy Reid (MSNBC) on that list right away.
Delightful article! Thanks for posting.
They’re not liberals. They’re subversives.
We need some sub-divisions:
Actual Liberals in Public Office
Media Idiots (actual employees of TV, Newspapers, etc)
Repubilcans In Name Only
Talking-Head Pundits (probably need to make this a Top 100 list)
We give them too much validation by remembering them with sobriety. They are better remembered with mirth.
Missing a few zeros on that number ...
In the honorable mention section, you left out John McCain and Lindsey Graham...
After reading that stuff I feel like I need a bath... :(
Cher, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Charlie Sheen, George Clooney, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Leo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Joy Behar, Michael Moore, Roisie ODonnell, Ben Afflek, Robert DiNiro, Morgan Freeman, Whoopi Goldberg, Melanie Griffith, et al.
Why even rate them? ANY liberal is annoying to me and even knowing they are liberals offends me.
Very true...In fact, they are even MORE despicable, since they camoflauge as republicans....
Are you saying that you disagree with John Hawkins, and that they do not belong on the list?
I don’t know who said it first, but liberalism is a mental disorder.
We need a category for “useful idiots.”
Actually...I'm more of the Hillary Clinton phobic type...
Indeed communism and socialism has many names.
Samantha Bee - because Amy Schumer has to be funnier than SOMEONE!
4) Shaun King, a/k/a “Talcum X”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.