Skip to comments.Newsday/News 12 poll: Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton Lead On LI (Trump Beats Hillary in Long Island)
Posted on 02/28/2016 6:20:25 AM PST by Helicondelta
click here to read article
Second, spend some time with this great tool for analyzing the demographics of the American electorate and its impact on the Electoral Map. Look what happens if, for example, the Black vote moves from 2012's 93% D to 75% D because Trump is the only candidate talking about the disgrace of 50%+ black youth unemployment and saying he's going to fix that. Or if the non-college educated White vote moves from 62% R up to 70% R or turns out a tad more because they believe Trump is serious about bringing jobs back to America.
With Trump there are so many "paths to victory", D strategists won't be sleeping much this Fall if he's the nominee. It's all in the demographics. That "bigger tent" that the GOPe is always blathering about? Trump is doing it right here, right now.
Trump isn’t losing Brooklyn or Queens.
Also, if you add up Trump and Shrillary in this poll, it equals 79%. That leaves 21% "undecided"?
My guess is that those who would vote for Shrillary have already made up their minds to do so and that she is unlikely to win new converts. That leaves Trump in good position to pick up most of that remaining 20%.
I work in the city and observe the same thing. Trump is very well liked here.
If Rudy Guiliani can win New York City, then certainly so can Donald Trump. Especially against a carpetbagging "fake" New Yorker like Shrillary.
It's early yet and I think the real fight for NY happens after the conventions. But I'm expecting a HUUGE Trump rally in say, Madison Square Garden, and I'll be there.
Oooh....YUGE Trump rally in Madison Square Gardens.....THAT would be fun!!
Glad to know that, as a local, you’re seeing it, as well. I mean EVERYONE we run in to, talk to, have meetings with, etc....is for Trump. I love their excitement...especially the cabbies/drivers, they love Trump :)
Ok, can you give me an idea of the weight of those two boroughs?
I imagine that in 2012 polls Romney beat Hillary on Long Island. That didn't help in the rest of the state.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.