Skip to comments.Blue-State Bonanza for Americorps Funding (250,000 - Obama's KGB Civilian National Security Force)
Posted on 06/09/2010 3:13:24 AM PDT by broken_arrow1
This week the White House announced $234 million in grants to Americorps and other "service"-oriented nonprofits through the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act. The press release reports:
Together with other positions in AmeriCorps VISTA and NCCC, AmeriCorps is on track to support more than 85,000 members this year, the first step towards the Serve America Act goal of 250,000 annual AmeriCorps members by the year 2017.
These numbers don't approach the perhaps hyperbolic remark by candidate Obama in July 2008 that "[w]e've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded [as our military]." But a force of 250,000 isn't insignificant; our Marine Corps numbers 203,000.
Analysis of the 2010 disbursements reveals gross inequalities among the states. As with ARRA stimulus money, blue states were the big winners. Overall, states that voted for Obama in 2008 garnered 81% of Ted Kennedy Serve America funding, while red states were thrown a bone of the remaining 19%.
My own state of Massachusetts, home to around 2% of the U.S. population, was the big winner, with 12.61% of the funding, which will support service jobs for 6,278 people. One nonprofit called Jumpstart is receiving funding for 1,520 employees. Apparently it doesn't hurt to have the Act named after our former Senator.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
Exactly what is the justification for having a civilian national security force as well-funded as our military? We have many "security forces" already, like the State Militia, the National Guard, volunteer organizations, etc.
It sounds sinister to me.
“Blue-State Bonanza for Americorps Funding (250,000 - Obama’s KGB Civilian National Security Force)”
Yes, they’ll join king obuma’s fearsome Fat Welfare Momma Division and the deadly New York City metrosexual brigade and march down south to hit Texans over their heads with poodles and purses.
Why do I get the impression that they will somehow be involved in get out the vote programs.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.