Posted on 12/13/2008 11:10:38 PM PST by fishhound
MUMBAI, India The gunman captured in last month's Mumbai attacks had originally intended to seize hostages and outline demands in a series of dramatic calls to the media, according to his confession obtained Saturday by The Associated Press.
Mohammed Ajmal Kasab said he and his partner, who massacred dozens of people in the city's main train station, had planned a rooftop standoff, but abandoned the plans because they couldn't find a suitable building, the statement to police says.
Kasab's seven-page confession, given to police over repeated interrogations, offers chilling new details of the three-day rampage through India's commercial center that left 164 people plus nine gunmen dead.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Earlier Indian articles had claimed that he had stated that he had received training from the Pakaistani military. That has been scrubbed from the reporting.
It would seem Mr. Kasab has earned his footnote in history. Now it’s time to close his file with a short drop and a sudden stop.
“It would seem Mr. Kasab has earned his footnote in history. Now its time to close his file with a short drop and a sudden stop.”
Or a single...”pop”. LOL
I hear the UN envoy from Pakistan is demanding that this terrorist be given consular access.
I’m for that. Put a bullet in his head and dump the corpse in front of the Pakistani embassy.
Thanks, the world will understand there are consequences to action. The left in America can go back to pre-school.
Interesting that each of these killers is given that sack of weaponry INCLUDING a cell phone. Could these be the cell phones bought at so many warehouse stores here in the USA?
Kurukshetra War - Kali Yuga ping...
To be added to or removed from this ping list, please FReepmail Sir Francis Dashwood.
Similar. The SIM cards were purchased by Indian nationals, as they are hard to get in India, requiring registering your ID.
You’d need proof-of-residence or any ID to get a cellphone connection in India.
dead man talking...
Give him a few years sharing a cell with a 6' 5'' gay Sikh who is doing time for rape first.
They don't want to protect him. They want access to him for damage control (find out how much he knows) and so they can plan future attacks in a less traceable way.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.