Posted on 09/28/2006 6:23:53 PM PDT by Aussie Dasher
PRIME Minister John Howard said he has concerns national football finals could be terrorist targets.
But Mr Howard said there was no evidence any terrorist attack could occur.
The AFL Grand Final between Sydney and West Coast will be played at Melbourne's MCG tomorrow, while fans will also pack Sydney's Telstra Stadium for the NRL final between Melbourne and Brisbane on Sunday.
"Like everybody else I worry about the potential (for a terrorist attack on the football finals), and I hope and pray nothing happens," Mr Howard told Southern Cross Radio today.
"I don't believe it will. I know all precautions are taken but you ask me the question. Of course (I am concerned)."
(Excerpt) Read more at news.com.au ...
No, this sort: http://afl.com.au/
I used to get a kick out of watching the GF when they carried it here on TV. We even had a Crows hat from a friend in Adelaide that my daughter would wear around. I noticed their team was right up there in 2nd place this year but didn't make it to the final.
Maybe if they find any terrorists there they should toss them in the middle of a footy match, and see how they make out...
In the middle of the year, I thought the Crows were dead certs but they faded as the season progressed. They were eliminated last week in the Preliminary Final.
Adelaide had a bad run of injuries in the dying weeks of the season which basically took them out of contention.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.