Skip to comments.Mystery explosion at Iran’s Arak heavy water reactor
Posted on 11/03/2013 7:30:52 PM PST by tired&retired
Tehran did its utmost to conceal the mystery blast which last week struck the heavy water reactor under construction at Arak in western Iran.
It is revealed here for the first time by DEBKAfiles intelligence and Iranian sources. The explosion, whether accidental or not, will delay for a second time the reactors first test with real fuel. Tehran informed the International Atomic Energy Agency in August of a previous holdup.
The cause of the blast and the extent of the damage it caused have not yet been established. According to the partial information initially reaching our sources, it occurred inside the reactor building when preparations were underway for a test scheduled for this month with artificial fuel and light water. The site of the explosion may have been the large coolant containers and the pressure gauges attached to the reactors core.
Iranian Atomic Council experts and intelligence agents are testing four possible causes of the explosion:
2. A virus planted in the computers that control the systems administering the test.
3. An error in engineering calculations in the design of the coolant containers which underestimated their strength for standing up to the required level of pressure.
4. The deliberate sale to Iran of inferior steel materials that were not strong enough to withstand such pressure.
I haven’t heard from DEBKA in quite a while. I think they have the record for most consecutive false stories. This one probably adds to the record.
wouldn’t reasons 2 and 4 both just be reason 1?
If it was, Vice Sack Of Crap Joe "Loose Lips" Biden would've told the world by now.
Debka is more miss than hit. But who knows, maybe they will hit that one time like NewsWeek did back in the blue dress days.
“wouldnt reasons 2 and 4 both just be reason 1?”
Yes and not. I think they mean for 1 direct and immediate sabotage. 2 and 4 are different kinds of indirect sabotage.
Thank you Mitch Rapp!
Waiting for the Wa-poo/NYSlimes to write what has been leaked to them from the admin that it was “The Eeeeeeeebilllll Jooooooooooooooooos”. /sarcasm off
“I know nottthhhing”
Zimmerman's 911 call, the AR15 at the Washington Naval Yard, etc
Ziva’s been busy since she left NCIS...
Reason #1 is “sabotage”, but,
aren’t the other 3 also sabotage?
TRAINING FOR MOSSAD PRESS SECRETARIES:
1. Mossad does nothing.
2. Mossad has no knowledge of any operations in foreign countries.
3. In fact, Mossad has no knowledge of the existence of foreign countries.
4. When denying something, only deny the incident being asked about. Do not deny other incidents as well.
5. Do not deny events that haven’t happened yet.
What is Debkafile’s track record? 1%? 3%?
The explosion, whether accidental or not, will delay for a second time the reactors first test with real fuel. Tehran informed the International Atomic Energy Agency in August of a previous holdup.from the FRchives:
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.