“Yes. They do. The private firm had found nothing. The show has stopped airing.”
Here is what makes me wonder if they really do a background check:
International Manhunt for TV Contestant Charged in Swim Model’s Gruesome Murder
Friday, August 21, 2009
...
Ryan Alexander Jenkins, a Calgary, Alberta, native, was a contestant on the VH1 series “Megan Wants a Millionaire,” about a woman seeking to land a wealthy bachelor
...
Court records show that Jenkins was charged in June in Clark County, Nev., with a misdemeanor count of “battery constituting domestic violence” for allegedly hitting Fiore in the arm and will be tried in December.
Jenkins also has a criminal history in his hometown of Calgary. He was sentenced to 15 months of probation in January 2007 on an unspecified assault charge, according to the Alberta, Canada Ministry of Justice. No further details were available.
Neal Tomlinson, a partner at the law firm representing Jenkins in the Nevada case, did not return an e-mail seeking comment sent after business hours Thursday. He declined to comment earlier in the week.
Jenkins reported Fiore missing Saturday night to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, police said.
VH1 said it has postponed any future airings of the show. The statement also said that the show was an outside production licensed to VH1, but that it was produced and owned by 51 Minds Entertainment.
51 Minds said in a statement that Jenkins never would have been accepted for its show if the company had known of his past criminal history.
...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,540980,00.html
It’s not as though this is NEW that he has issues ... .
I didn’t read the article. My daughter read it to me. They would have to do some sort of background check as the liability issues could be a nightmare.