Michael Schumacher targets eighth Formula 1 title
Michael Schumacher says he intends to crown his Formula 1 comeback by challenging for the 2010 title.
The seven-time champion announced his return for 2010 on Wednesday with Mercedes, the renamed Brawn GP team.
Despite three years out of the sport, he insists he can threaten the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button - the 2008 and 2009 world champions.
"I have won the title seven times and the team won both titles last year, so what do you expect," said the German.
Schumacher, 41 on 3 January, added: "Now Mercedes are team owners you cannot expect anything else other than the world title. That is what we aim for but we have to deliver and that is our job.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8429186.stm
F1 teams abandon joint 2010 season launch plan
Formula 1 teams have abandoned plans to unveil all their cars for the 2010 season together at a joint launch.
The teams had intended to present their cars ahead of the first pre-season test in Valencia at the end of January.
But many of the teams - particularly the four new outfits - will not have their new cars ready in time.
"The joint car launch project has been postponed to 2011,in order to ensure a totally successful event," said the Formula One Teams Association (Fota).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8406239.stm
Interesting interview with a 41 year old, in his 2nd language, lasting 7 minutes.
Imagery:
BBC
Christmas Tree
Mercedes Benz logo
Schumacher himself
Schumacher+Brawn+Mercedes Benz is difficult to bet against.
I don’t understand why Formula 1 is not bigger, in the US. (contrasted to the round and rounds)