I like her but I doubt it. I also like Newt as a choice.
My guess is Pence as a peace offering to the Cruzbots and NeverTrump people. And at the speech Cruz will then endorse Trump as his peace offering in return.
Palin will be a great Secretary of Interior/Energy and Newt Chief of Staff
posted on 07/14/2016 12:05:26 PM PDT
(If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?)
Newt is a dangerous man - he is for global warming, was or is a member of the CFR. What’s to like about him? Don’t forget NAFTA. Bad, bad, choice. Vet these people - their views on the issues are on the internet - look them up.
posted on 07/14/2016 12:29:10 PM PDT
(Don't let Hillary, the crook, off the hook.)
I think you're right that Pence will get the nod because...
- A proven conservative on issues like abortion and marriage.
- Former Congressman who knows the ropes
- Chairman of the House Republican Conference 2009-2011 meaning he knows people and how to twist arms.
- Executive experience as Governor of Indiana, the 15th largest state.
- Hails from the Rust Belt where Trump needs votes
- Comes from a Democrat Irish Catholic background (Reagan Democrats?)
- High energy, good looking guy -- and presidential.
- Could also pass for a Marine Corps general -- has the gravitas
- Strong on stopping illegal immigration.
- Doesn't have the negative baggage of a Newt
- Beautifully balances the strengths of Trump
On paper, he's an excellent choice.
posted on 07/14/2016 1:06:57 PM PDT
(When the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government. Franklin, Const. Conv.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson