Skip to comments.Politically Incorrect Christmas Penguins
Posted on 12/15/2014 6:08:21 AM PST by NOBO2012
Since its Monday, the week before Christmas, this is my annual Christmas/Hanukah/Festivus recipes/traditions/stories sharing post.
As Ive obviously excluded Muslims from my annual Christian/Jewish/Secularist event, I would like to apologize upfront to anyone who is going to be offended by this intentional slight.
In preparation for this day of fun and diversion I watched no news yesterday or today so I know nuth-ink about the Commie/socialist/anarchist/black supremacist terrorists who marched in New York this weekend. Nor do I know anything about the ongoing coffee shop hostage situation in Sydney, Australia where the terrorists - who demanded an ISIS flag butt whose affiliation with Islamic State has yet to be identified. For all we know they could be protesting the use of coffee beans that are neither organic, sustainable or Fair Trade. And to make their point, they probably demand dead cops too.
Any-hoo, as you may recall that this event was previously known as the Christmas Recipe Exchange. Due to an injunction filed against me by the ACLU Ive expanded to the new, more inclusive nomenclature. While Im certain it isnt inclusive enough (see apology above) Im hoping to get extra credit for trying.
So, since Ive previously posted all of my favorite holiday recipes - Pear Upside-Down-Gingerbread Cake, Best EVER Banana Bread, Judes Pear Gruyere Breakfast Strata, Gumps Goulash (involves one WHOLE pound of bacon!), White Bean Chicken Chili Ive decided to stick with a theme thats always been popular in the past: Penguins!
So lets start with some basic construction techniques; first, the Ho Ho Penguins:
Easy, once you have the instructions:
Next, theres the ever popular Cream Cheese Penguins that can be used for multiple snacking and decorating purposes.
Black tie events:
Or you can marshal them into an army:
Plan a winter outing:-
Or have a tree trimming party:
Again, its a piece of cake once you have all the instructions:
Cream Cheese Penguins
- 18 large ripe black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 carrot ( about 6 inches long and 1 inch in diameter)
- 18 small ripe black olives
- 18 frill toothpicks
- Cut a slit lengthwise from top to bottom in each jumbo olive.
- Fill the cavity of each jumbo olive with about 1 tsp of cream cheese.
- (this makes the white stripe of your penguins chest) Cut carrot into 1/4 inch slices, then out of each slice cut a small notch (these will be your penguins feet), save the piece you cut out this will become the beak.
- Cut a small slit in the center of each small olive and press the cut out piece of carrot into the hole with the pointed end out.
- Using a frill toothpick, stack head (small olive), body (large olive) and feet (carrot slice), adjusting so that beak, cream cheese breast and notch in carrot slice line up.
And if penguins are not your thing well, there are plenty of other cute things on the Hungry Happenings site; like these Weasels, masquerading as polar bears, and the Christmas mice.
OK now youre on your own. Have at it. Give us your best recipe, story, tradition, whatever.
Just try to avoid the news, if at all possible; it can wait.
Posted from: Michelle Obamas Mirror
Best post of the day !
Penguins at the south pole, Christmas north pole, I never have understood the dynamic.
That’s super.... I missed your best ever banana bread recipe. Could you please send it to me? Thank you.....
I am looking for the Christmas Pig! Maybe with wings?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.