Canadian Who Called Bush 'Moron' Quits
TORONTO (AP) - A top aide to Prime Minister Jean Chretien resigned Tuesday over the controversy caused by her private comment last week that U.S. President George W. Bush (news - web sites) was a moron.
Francoise Ducros, who initially offered to quit but was kept on by Chretien, is leaving the prime minister's office after all, said a statement issued by Chretien's chief of staff.
In a letter of resignation to Chretien, Ducros wrote: "It is very apparent to me that the controversy will make it impossible for me to do my job."
"I would therefore like to leave my position as director of communications immediately," the letter said. "I am grateful for the support you have given me during this difficult time."
Chretien accepted the resignation this time, responding in a letter: "In your almost four years as director of communications, you have served the government as a whole, and me personally, with extraordinary skill and dedication." ......................................Blah blah blah.
Don't you love the way she makes herself out to be the victim in all this? Hosehead.