Posted on 11/28/2025 6:12:37 AM PST by MtnClimber

A screen displaying an image of US President Donald Trump is seen inside the White House in Washington, D.C., on November 25, 2025. Andrew Caballero-Reynolds / AFP.
Yesterday afternoon, two members of the National Guard were shot in the head near Farragut West metro station in Washington, D.C, just a few blocks away from the White House. Both soldiers were left critically injured—they were initially reported as having died—and the attacker was subsequently shot by responding troops and law enforcement.
The suspect has been named as Rahmanullah Lakanwal, a 29-year-old Afghan asylum seeker. He arrived in the U.S. in 2021 under Operation Allies Welcome—an evacuation and resettlement programme for Afghans linked to the U.S. mission, following the chaotic American withdrawal that year—and overstayed his visa. He applied for asylum in 2024, and was granted refugee status this year. A relative told NBC News that Lakanwal had served in the Afghan army for 10 years alongside U.S. Special Forces. So far, he is believed to have acted alone and is not cooperating with the investigation. As such, any possible motive remains a mystery. Nonetheless, the FBI are currently treating this as an act of terrorism.
In the words of U.S. president Donald Trump himself: “This heinous assault was an act of evil, an act of hatred and an act of terror. It was a crime against our entire nation. It was a crime against humanity.” During that same address, Trump vowed to investigate all Afghan refugees who entered the country under the Biden administration. “Nobody knew who was coming in,” he said. “We must now re-examine every single alien who has entered our country from Afghanistan under Biden, and we must take all necessary measures to ensure the removal of any alien from any country who does not
(Excerpt) Read more at europeanconservative.com ...
|
Click here: to donate by Credit Card Or here: to donate by PayPal Or by mail to: Free Republic, LLC - PO Box 9771 - Fresno, CA 93794 Thank you very much and God bless you. |
This would never happen in Europe.
The shooting or the response?
The response.
Biden gave more priority to Afghanis wanting to come to America than he did U.S. citizens wanting to get out of Afghanistan.
Not all Afghans…he probably just made sure the ones the Pakistanis approved of got a ride out.
Trump’s words were correct, and strong.
Now here’s my question. Nidal Hasan, the 2009 Fort Hood shooter, killed 13 people. He was sentenced to death. Yet 16 years later he still lives.
As does Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 2013 Boston Marathon bomber.
Will Rahmanullah Lakanwal still be alive 16 years from now?
Probably.
We are a weak and pathetic nation.
By the way, all three of the above criminals are Muslim. No surprise there.
It wouldn't bother me so much if the scumbags instead were subject to unsupervised daily visits from able-bodied male members of their victims families.
For a lifetime of "corrections".
Not to be unkind or untrusting, but there has been no response. Just empty words. When the words are replaced by action, I will then give my approval.
In Europe they would not disclose the name or nationality of the perpetrator and they surely would not denounce the words shouted before the attacks. I am waiting for immigration bans and deportations too.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.