UNITED NATIONS
An accredited journalist covering the United Nations headquarters in New York has tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19).
They are already free of symptoms and self-isolating. We have been informed that the individual was last at UN Headquarters on Thursday, March 12. They attended the spokespersons noon briefing and spent time at the Delegates Lounge and in the press area on the third floor,
This is the second known case at the UN headquarters after a delegate from the Permanent Mission of Philippines tested positive for the virus on March 13. UN spokesman, Mr Stephane Dujarric, who confirmed the first case in a statement said the fellow met with two delegates from another mission at the complex on March 9
AFRICA -
The World Health Organisation (WHO) Regional office for Africa in Brazzaville, Congo, says there are now 633 confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Africa in 33 countries.
ITALY - Bergamo
‘A generation has died’: Italian province struggles to bury its coronavirus dead
In Bergamo, a province of 1.2 million people in the Lombardy region, where 1,640 of the total deaths in the country have taken place, 3,993 people had contracted the virus by Tuesday. The death toll across the province is unclear, but CFB, the areas largest funeral director, has carried out almost 600 burials or cremations since 1 March.
In a normal month we would do about 120, said Antonio Ricciardi, the president of CFB. A generation has died in just over two weeks. Weve never seen anything like this and it just makes you cry.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/generation-died-italian-province-struggles-050044364.html
Italian army moves coronavirus dead from overwhelmed town
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy ordered the army to move bodies from a northern town at the centre of the coronavirus outbreak where funeral services have been overwhelmed as the government prepared to prolong emergency lockdown measures across the country.
Video shot by local people in Bergamo, northeast of Milan, and shown on the website of the local newspaper Eco di Bergamo, showed a long column of military trucks driving through the streets overnight and removing coffins from the town’s cemetery.
An army spokesman confirmed on Thursday that 15 trucks and 50 soldiers had been deployed to move bodies to neighbouring provinces. Earlier local authorities in Bergamo had appealed for help with cremations after they had overwhelmed its crematorium
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/italy-set-prolong-anti-coronavirus-084729553.html
Permanently close the UN.
Can’t be. Africa is hot.
/s