Skip to comments.If (fill the blank) You might be deploying to a Sh!t Hole.
Posted on 01/22/2018 7:26:58 AM PST by artichokegrower
1. If your boss tells you to update your Gamma Globulin, Yellow Fever, Malaria, Dysentery, Tetanus and other fun immunizations- You might be deploying to a Sh!t Hole.
(Excerpt) Read more at gunfreezone.net ...
But you must respect the culture.
Dude, this is a blog, quoting another blog. No need for the clickbait.
From a friend of a friend of a friend-
1. If your boss tells you to update your Gamma Globulin, Yellow Fever, Malaria, Dysentery, Tetanus and other fun immunizations- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
2. If the Mobilization NCO tells you not to waste your time bringing a radio, or any other electronics, as there is no electricity and there are no signals- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
3. If the Travel Pay folks give you a travel advance and the Per Diem rate is only $8.00/day, for everything- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
4. If the Area Cultural briefing is only 30 minutes long, but the briefing on communicable diseases is 3 hours long- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
5. If the Area Cultural briefing includes facts that some leaders in the host country keep young boys as sexual slaves- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
6. If the Area Cultural briefing includes facts that male members of that society have multiple wives, but also engage in sexual activity with barnyard animals- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
7. If the Medical Briefing includes recommendations not to walk barefoot, drink the local water, or eat ANY food on the local economy- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
8. If the Medical Briefing includes information that the roadside ditches not only serve as flood control, but also as a common latrine- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
9. If the Daily Report for your new assignment includes an area for Number of Personnel Med-Evaced from theater for unknown diseases- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
10. If the monetary exchange rate is greater than 50 to 1 for local currency to US Dollars- You might be deploying to a Shit Hole.
Hat Tip Rob Morsehttps://slowfacts.wordpress.com
Try cholera in one arm and plague in the other, at sea in a DLG in heavy weather.
You get used to footprints on the bulkheads, but I’ve never seen barf that high up a bulkhead before or since.
If the first building you build once you reach your deployment destination is a shit hole, you’re in a shithole and a world of shit.
I was scheduled to go to Afghanistan in 1969 with the Peace Corps (I was “deselected” the day before we left. All of those shots, plus rabies. But I remember the cholera shot (and they came as a series) was particularly nasty.
Last one is not true - South Korean Won and Japanese Yen are both more than 50 to 1.....
First time we went, I was revaccinated for smallpox and polio, tetanus, typhoid, whooping cough, plus got cholera, yellow fever, and malaria prophylaxis. No pre-exposure rabies in those days. Got boosters whenever we went.
And yep, it was a $#!+ hole by any measure. Such good people - kind and hardworking and not at all hostile to a family of young Americans (that we had local friends did not hurt). But the government was (still is) horrible, and they suffered under that cruel yoke. Never seen such grinding, abject poverty anywhere else in the world . . .
- If the VD rate is close to 100%, you've arrived in a shithole.
- If you can't tell who are the people you're supposed to protect from the enemy swine until they shoot at you, you're in a shithole.
- if the only flush toilet for a hundred miles is the one in your compound, you're in a shithole.
- If our government really doesn't care any more for you than a piece of used Kleenex, they send you to a shithole with restrictive Rules of Engagement and no artillery.
If you’re advised to eat your shoes before entering the country, because you might not get a second chance, you’re being assigned to North Korea.
As unfunny as these turned out to be, I’m glad he excerpted and wish you hadn’t posted the whole thing.
LOL! (Literally ...)
I've done that one ...
I'm confused: you didn't think the examples were funny - why not?
I've had a look at your homepage and it's full of weird and inappropriate stuff. So, I guess that it's a good thing for the rest of us that didn't find the post funny, isn't it?
I'd bet you've never been overseas.
If the cities have names like Chicago, Detroit, or Baltimore....
That sounds more like a good target for large thermobaric bombs.
I will no longer deploy to a sh!Thole country, nor will I go to one of my own volition.
So let it be written, so let it be done.
Inappropriate and weird. I like it. Thanks for the plug.
And by most accounts Afghanistan was nicer in 1969 than it is today.
Nastiest shithole I've ever been was Pakistan, and I was only about two miles off shore. Never actually made it to land, Thank God. It stunk so bad and there were dead cows floating in the water.
If you need weapons training to deploy, you are deploying to a s’hole.
If you need a high speed defensive vehicle course to deploy, you are deploying to a s’hole.
If you need emergency communications training to deploy, you are deploying to a s’hole.
If you need special program authorization to deploy due to the unsecured nature of the geographic area, you are deploying to a s’hole.
If you are assigned a lifeguard to deploy, you are deploying to a s’hole.
If you need to know about special postal mail issues to deploy, you are deploying to a s’hole.
You have issues.