Skip to comments.The Benghazi scandal: lacking the guts to try
Posted on 06/20/2013 7:35:06 PM PDT by Abakumov
Retired Army Lieutenant General William G. Jerry Boykin believes that finding out what happened in Benghazi is a matter of sacred duty. Gen. Boykin is a former commander of the elite Delta Force, and former United States Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence. He has a distinguished, unparalleled record in special operations and unconventional warfare. Among the Benghazi scandals various aspects failed diplomacy, absent leadership, self-interested politics what stands out most to him is the administrations moral failing. For Gen. Boykin, the mishandling of Benghazi was a betrayal of the warrior ethos.
We left Americans behind, Gen. Boykin told Rare. The message that sends to every member of the military or diplomat is not a good one. He quotes the Ranger creed: I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy, and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country. At Benghazi, America came up short on both counts.
(Excerpt) Read more at rare.us ...
Impeachment File on Benghazi Coward B. Hussein Obama, formerly known as Barry Soetoro, a current legal Citizen of the Sovereign Nation of Indonesia.
O learned from klintoon, after TWA800 was shot down, they delayed then came up with a horrid CIA vid that bore no resemblance to reality, 1996 in an election year, klintoon could not have a terrorist shoot down an airliner.
Abandoned his post
A decision not to make a decision ,.. is still a decision !
For Gen. Boykin, the mishandling of Benghazi was a betrayal of the warrior ethos.
Sure, but first and last, it was a betrayal of America.
May God bless Boykin AND “Ace” Lyons-former Admiral of the Pacific Fleet and military strategist, who, when interviewed after the parents of the SEAL Team 6 had their press conference, was quoted as saying, “The Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated every government agency,” and that it had ACCELERATED under the Obama administration.
And we still don’t know where Obama was that night or what, if anything he did. But really, there are only a few possibilities. ( And the key fact: there were possible decisions needed that only the C-in-C can make, i.e., to authorize US military forces to cross foreign borders.) So, the possibilities:
1. Obama went away, but delegated decision making to someone else.
2. Obama ordered no rescue attempts, then disappeared from the scene.
3. Obama gave no orders or guidance, but just disappeared from the situation and wasn’t heard from again until the next day.
That’s about it, and in #3 and maybe #1, in the military that would be called abandoning one’s duty station.
But everyone is silent. No one will say what Obama did, or didn’t do. And no one will say they were in charge and made specific decisions involving possible rescue attempts.
Don’t nobody know nothing.
That's what happens when a president is elected who knows nothing of American traditions and values, and cares even less.
Gen Boykin is probably one of the few General Officers who still has any honor. Take care General, the enemies of the klintons and the chi- town thug have a tendancy to have “accidents”.
And where is Congress? Where are the Republicans? They are championing the Democrat/Obama agenda.
Boehner MUST go. He is Obama’s greatest ally.
Thanks for having the guts to try.
We didnt respond to the moral imperative to save those people, Gen. Boykin said. The imperative is to try. And now the imperative is to find out why the government didnt, and see who lacked the guts.
Men of honor understand.
1. I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist.
3. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
4. If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information, or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
5. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give only name, rank, service number and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.
6. I will never forget that I am an American fighting man, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.
Thank you for your service. We must keep the pressure on congress in our home states of this thing is in danger of evaporating. The press is already getting bored. Sadly , most American’s attention span can’t handle the snails pace of congress. CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN. Tell them to get on with it. TELL THEM THAT THIS ISSUE CAN GET THEM CANNED if they screw it up!!!!!
Obama knows nothing of honor or American traditions, especially military traditions.
American Infantry Motto - “FOLLOW ME!”
Democrat Party Motto - “GIVE ME!”
That is as simple as I can make it. That is why no one came.
Thank YOU! WEll said!
This General Keith Alexander, at a minimum, does not get it. He is working for criminals! I don’t believe a gd thing he says because of that one single fact. And, my feelings on the integrity of the federal gov’t run back to, oh, let’s say, the Tonkin Gulf, the Pueblo, the USS Liberty, Lebanon Marine Barracks, JFK, RFK, Bay of Pigs, Benghazi, IRS, James Rosen, AP, NSA, Marcy Park, TWA Flight 800, weapons of mass destruction IRAQ, birth certificate, Columbia attendance, law license revocation, Marco, McCain, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Reid, Feinstein, John Roberts and on and on and on ENDLESSLY. Why in the F would ANY sane person believe ANYTHING the US Government says about anything EVER?????
When the fall is all that matters how you go matters.
He ran one of the worst campaigns in history.
The Ward and June Cleaver impersonation done during the Republican Convention was enough to make one puke.
That said, he could have been somebody, he could have won the title.
But he was stupid, he pulled his punches. He believed the MSM polls.
Going into the third debate, Benghazi was on the front burner and the story had some traction.
Unfortunately, Mormons are more knock on the door missionaries that knock you down alley fighters.
In that third debate he should have pressed Barry on Benghazi.
Not because it was the calculated thing to do politically, but because it was the right thing to do for the country.
The MSM may have criticized him for being mean to Barry, but it would have forced the media other than Fox News to take a look at the story in more depth than they had.
Either they would have got some facts or another tissue of lies that would have been much easier to see through.
Mittens blew the best chance to get the truth on Benghazi.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.