Skip to comments.Safety Versus Freedom (Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia Had Low Rates of Street Crime)
Posted on 05/06/2013 9:29:47 AM PDT by pinochet
I was shocked when I heard that Sen. Harry Reid had proposed background checks for people who want to buy firecrackers/explosive powders: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3012168/posts
Do you all realize the danger to your freedoms and those of your children, now and in the future? Americans need to wake up and pull their heads out of their behinds. Politicians cannot protect your freedoms. Only pro-freedom citizens groups, who ensure that all congressional legislation complies with the constitution, can help preserve freedom.
Since 9-11, Americans have given the indication that they love safety more than freedom. Did you know that Nazi Germany had very low rates of street crime - e.g. muggings, home burglary, pick-pocketing, vandalism, graffiti, carjacking, drug-dealing, bank robberies, drunken-driving, etc. A terrorist from the Muslim world would not have been able to carry out a single terrorist attack in Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia, because police were everywhere. Is that what we want? Do you want a 100 percent guarantee against terrorist attack, and are you willing to sacrifice all of your freedoms in order to ensure that? A person cannot set off an explosion inside an American prison. Prison officials can guarantee that, 100 percent. Do you want America to become a prison?
America was not founded by people who desired safety as the top priority. America was established by people who desired freedom as the top priority, and those people saw freedom as an end in itself. In the 1600s and 1700s, people left the safety of civilized European nations, and settled in the wilderness of North America, where they were always under attack from war-like Indian tribes. They could only rely on primitive rifles to protect them, and had no police or army troops to back them up. They had the option of going back to the safety of civilized Europe, but on this North American continent, they had the benefit of living their lives in complete freedom without anybody telling them how to live their lives. Background checks for firecrackers? What a joke!
If you have 30 percent of the population policing the other 70 percent, you can achieve what some Americans consider to be an impossible goal - getting guns out of the hands of street criminals. Police routinely break into peoples homes and carry out searches, because warrants are completely unheard of.
In Britain, leftists have called for long Kitchen knives to be banned. That is something that Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia never attempted. If you thought that 20th Century leftists who gave the world Stalinism and Nazism were the most oppressive people in human history, the 21st Century leftists may come up with surprises that may shock your grandchildren. You can do something today, to secure the future of your grandchildren.
Germany and Russia just “Outsourced” all of the crimes they commited against their own people to Concentration Camps and Gulags in Siberia.
Yay! We can all be safe, well the state can be safe FROM the people, and since people make up the state then we are all safe, yay!!! Thank the commisar for giving us all glorious safety.
Actually, the Nazis and the Reds did NOT have low incidences of street crime - they had controlled REPORTING of common, or street crime. The USSR also didn’t report on fires, floods, etc. People living in an adjacent neighborhood to the event wouldn’t even know that it had happened.
>>>Germany and Russia just Outsourced all of the crimes they commited against their own people to Concentration Camps and Gulags in Siberia
When the government commits crimes against its own citizens, those crimes are not recorded in official crime statistics. When Bill Clinton and Janet Reno murdered 82 Branch Davidians in Waco Texas in 1993, that crime was not recorded in the official murder statistics of that year.
Of course, as we saw during Krystallnacht, it was the government that committed the street crime.
But there was also garden variety everyday street crime. It wasn’t reported. Therefore it looks as though totalitarian governments eliminate common crime, when in fact what they do is suppress information to create the illusion that there is no crime.
Must be something to that whole deterent thing. You screw up, you die.
I’m always amazed at how Americans who look back at slavery with horror and disdain can so readily agree to allow government to be our master, and the people be slaves.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.