Skip to comments.George W. Bush skipping Republican National Convention
Posted on 07/20/2012 4:37:25 PM PDT by KantianBurke
Former President George W. Bush will not attend the Republican convention next month in Tampa, POLITICO has learned.
President Bush was grateful for the invitation to the Republican National Convention, Bush spokesman Freddy Ford wrote in an e-mail. He supports Governor Romney and wants him to succeed. President Bush is confident that Mitt Romney will be a great President. But hes still enjoying his time off the political stage and respectfully declined the invitation to go to Tampa.
Asked if the former president had been invited to only attend or whether he was also asked to speak, Ford said the conversation didnt get that far and the former president declined before details were discussed.
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
Sounds like Bush Derangement Syndrome.
Sure, George Bush had faults, but I would rather have him in the White House than the dictator wannabe we have now. He was 2000 times the leader. Obama doesn’t lead; he pontificates (and folds and attends fundraisers).
CFR, Medicare Part D, Operation Together Forward II, TARP, economic collapse, Amnesty, Harriet Miers...I could go on. You can choose to forget the past if you wish. I won’t.
Golfs not folds. I gotta learn to proofread.
Don’t forget DHS and the TSA.
So do you think Romney will be better?
Just what effing harm would that be? You wouldn’t work for MSNBC would you? The harm inflicted on this country doing the Bush era, was caused by the lying dopes in the media.
AND he’s an American.
Obama got elected in part because the media savaged Bush. While Bush did a lot wrong he was/is a million time better than the turd that replaced him.
Why would Bush, or anyone, walk back into that mess?
You don’t think Dubya’s systemic failure as President isn’t precisely WHY Obama is in office??
He is not a dope.
Appears you fell for the liberal talking points.
So do you think Romney will be better?
Romney is at least 3 times better than Obama.
I’ve got my issues with Bush but in my opinion he’s an honest man who did what he believed was right even though I disagree with some of it. Staying away from politics after leaving office is a long held tradition among honorable former presidents.
Calling him a dope is pure DUmmie territory.
Here is my list that I wrote down in the middle of Bush the milquetoast socialist (haha, I guess that’s better than being a hardboiled commie (like 000bama), so say the Bushbots...)
By fishtank...updated Dec. 6, 2006
Here’s what a “conservative” is supposed to be?
* Doing his very best to destroy American sovereignty by melding America into Mexico into Canada???
* George W. Bush (43): “I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul.
I knew that President Putin was a man with whom I could work.”
* Allowed his wife to call a homosexual partner’s mom the “mother-in-law” ???
* Allowed the new Iraqi constitution to have a clause where no law would contradict Islam.
* Wanted to sell US port operations to Dubai - a nation that supports terror.
* Advocates a completely open border - to the detriment of national security.
* Calls the Minutemen “vigilantes”.
* Continually calls Islam a “religion of peace”.
* Pursues “free trade”, not fair trade. “Free trade” has not been very fair, so far.
* Supported Specter over Toomey.
* Told Hush to host Specter with softballs, and then Hush carries the water.
* Continually supported Linc Chaffee, and what did it win in the long run?
* Let Ted Kennedy write the education bill.
* Did nothing to rein in pork barrel government spending.
* In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God. “I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty,” Bush said.
* Bosh said he would do the TARP all over AGAIN!!! I guess he has no problem using communism to try to rescue the free market... (Nov. 12, 2010).
I’m listing the actions of the PRESIDENT (Bush), FYI.
From: Avoiding_Sulla “You can add to the list:”
* never enforced the Beck decision as he had promised.
So that meant that for eight more long years the Dems got funding from unions to which they were not entitled. Republicans who were members of a union (whether they wanted to be or not) could still not effectively withhold that part of their union dues (under fair accounting standards) used to support the Democratic Party and its candidates and its associated NGOs.
Subsequent to that non-performance, we have to endure
1) the unions trying to force card check on all American workers.
2) Harry Reid is about to force a vote in the lameduck session that forces all firemen and police into unions in every municipality no maatter their wishes nor the wishes of the local citizens. That is all tied to the unions having excess money stolen from non-democratic party members over .
* Enforced rules of engagement on our armed forces that bore a remarkable resemblance to police dept policies in any city ruled by liberals.
* Nominated his personal attorney, Janet Myers, to the Supreme Court.
But that’s not what I asked is it?
“Obama got elected in part because the media savaged Bush.”
ROTFLMAO! Yeah it was the media that soured the American people on Dubya. The economic collapse and TARP which occurred on his watch had nothing to do with it. - rolls eyes -
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.