Skip to comments.Prepare ye the way—the aliens are coming! Popular fantasy becomes cultural ‘fact’
Posted on 03/13/2011 3:47:29 AM PDT by JSDude1
Recently there has been an accelerated wave of UFO hysteria sweeping the globe, and many supporters have contacted us asking for comments. Later in this article, the recent claims are highlighted and addressed. Because we have written much in recent years about the growing popularity of what is commonly called the UFO phenomenon, this article will only briefly touch on what underpins this cultural phenomenon. Many of our original arguments and explanations are still relevant to these new speculative claims that appear in the media. This article provides many links to relevant articles already on creation.com,
The strength of such ideas also presents a challenge to the traditional Christian worldview, because they are in stark contrast to the idea that mankind is the central focus of Gods creation. A straightforward understanding of Scripture leaves no place for similarly sentient and intelligent morally aware beings elsewhere in the universe. The primary role of the creation was to bring forward a bride for Christ (see Did God create life on other planets? for a biblically-based perspective on this). Such a seemingly dogmatic stance has led to shouts of arrogance aimed at Christians. However, these are strange accusations, coming from those who believe that the universe is widely inhabited by ETs, because to date we do not have a shred of indisputable
(Excerpt) Read more at creation.com ...
Oh good! They are coming to save us(from killing each other in stupid wars....or maybe to enslave us and harvest our bodies.)
As we have often stated, we should make a stand on the truth and not be concerned that the Bible might somehow be falsified (e.g. by a real ET) when it comes to big picture issues like God being the Creator. Our strong view is that there is simply no room in His Word to squeeze in a benevolent alien or two. As sightings and alleged contacts increase, and governments take official positions to seemingly endorse the notion, it is worth remembering that mankinds inclination is towards rebellion and rejection of God, seemingly looking to anything else rather than accept Him as Creator. Jeremiah 17:9 reminds us:
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Many Christians have already been led astray by accepting another manmade philosophy (evolution) that had its origin with the lies of the evil one when he asked the very first humans:
Did God really say?
No, we are dinner.....
I think UFOs might possibly be another ruse of the NWO to get the people scared and more willing to obey the government. They might pop them out if terrorism doesn’t do the trick.
There’s no inconsistency between the Bible and the possibility of alien life. Actually Ezekiel’s wheel argues aliens are in the Bible. (No, I’m not espousing that, just bringing it up.) It wouldn’t be relevant in umpty-ump BC for God to spake; “Oh, and I’m doing the same thing on other planets in other solar systems. Eh...planets...this thing you’re standing on is a planet. Yes, I know I called it Earth a few chapters back, but it’s a planet and it goes around the sun. Uhm...no, actually, the Earth goes around the sun...no, you won’t fall off on the other side because the Earth is round...Uhm...because the Earth is so big you’re stuck to it by something called ‘gravity.’”
I can imagine why God wouldn’t want to get dragged into THAT conversation. Maybe God was thinking, the Bible is allegorical and it’s intended to teach them the basic fundamentals of civilization and they’ll figure everything else out later.
I ain't scared of no aliens.......I say bring 'em on and let's get it over with.
Actually, books are rather simple structures--they have been described as 'layers of decorated cellulose'. There is far more complexity in the genetic code of the simplest organism than in a thousand libraries.
When you (Gary Bates?) have a clue what the heck matter is and how something came from nothing, give me a call.
Here is what I think (don’t like to use the term ‘believe’ in a thread of this nature:
1. There is life elsewhere. With billions of galaxies out there (yes, billions), it is arrogant of MAN (not God) to believe life exists only on this minor planet.
2. We have NOT been contacted by ET. The distances involved are mind-boggling, and absent some science fiction hyperspace, it would take centuries, no, millenia for a craft to come from, say, the Andromeda Galaxy to Earth.
3. However, both skeptics and true believers (in UFOs) agree on one point. The issue will not be settled until a ‘flying saucer’ lands and its occupant steps out and says, “I come in peace.”
May the prime cause of everything be beneficient to you.
If an ET lands I will be 100% certain he is a fallen angel. Satans great deception will fool many
It’s all a ruse by Satan.
An EXCELLENT book covers the agenda:
“Alien Encounters” by Missler and Eastman
Unimaginably Fabulous Organism.
I’m a believer.
1. I disagree that there is NO ROOM IN HIS WORD FOR A BENEVOLENT RACE OF OTHER CRITTERS.
2. HOWEVER, I also see absolutely no evidence of such.
3. The critters flitting about in craft by all solid accounts I respect are fallen angels pretending to be citizens of distant planets.
4. EVEN IF THERE WERE citizens of distant planets in the craft, THEY ARE ALL STILL WORKING WITH SATAN TO SET UP THE END TIMES GLOBAL SATANIC GOVERNMENT—BAD CRITTERS.
5. Inaccurate purportedly Biblical nonsense about the topic does not help people prepare for what’s coming down the Pike.
6. The critters will appear wholesale and on prime time CNN routinely at some point in time. Their claims will be accepted by the brain dead sheeple.
7. If Believers are still around, they will need to resist the GREAT END TIMES DECEPTION WHOLESALE.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.