Skip to comments.Coroner: Angels pitcher Skaggs died of accidental overdose
Posted on 08/30/2019 2:35:56 PM PDT by DoodleDawg
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died from a toxic mix of the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone along with alcohol in an accidental overdose, a medical examiner in Texas said in a report released Friday.
The 27-year-old Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room in the Dallas area July 1 before the start of what was supposed to be a four-game series against the Texas Rangers. The first game was postponed before the teams played the final three games.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office issued a technical report that said Skaggs died as a result of "mixed ethanol, fentanyl, oxycodone intoxication with terminal aspiration of gastric contents."
It said simply: "Manner of death: Accident."
(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...
Because I guess that stupidity is not a manner of death.
What a tragic waste of a talented young life.
Wow. How could he function as a professional athlete while he’s on that junk?
Well, I guess that unless you’re going for suicide, all overdoses are accidental.
An overdose is an overdose.
I dont think that word means what you think it means
Oops - I took too much fentanyl?!
Death by Doctor would have been more appropriate.
Do you really not understand the difference?
Good thing he wasnt addicted to pot instead of legal drugs or he would have died in shame.
This was NOT his first rodeo. This cocktail indicates long term abuse.
He died the same way, and age, as Jimi Hendrix.
He threw it all away.
Why the hell don’t we use fentanyl in executions?
Its simpler to say strangled on your own vomit.
What part of this is accidental? Either he mixed it himself and took it (suicide) or someone else mixed it for him (murder).
We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us.
Tell me about it. Just a few grains of that stuff is enough to kill. It’s like saying “Gee, I better not take took much of this cyanide!”
Chinese act of war.
Shut them down hard.
So, someone from the Angel’s shoved that dope down his throat and forced him to drink alcohol? Maybe they should pursue murder charges too.
That mix of drugs and booze is always deadly
The team had to know
As 2mg of Fentanyl is a fatal dose, how do you even get to a “toxic mix” of anything else?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.