Skip to comments.Thoughts on Obama, Benghazi, Romney, and the Press
Posted on 09/12/2012 6:57:39 PM PDT by grey_whiskers
Disclaimer: before beginning, let us remember the families of the deceased, and keep them in our prayers.
Most of us woke up this morning and saw or heard the news: US Embassy attacked.
Oh, OK, this must be follow-up on Cairo, right? No.
It turns out that there was an attack in Libya, as well. And in this attack, the mob did not just shout pro-bin Laden slogans and wave black flags.
They attacked and burned the embassy to the ground; there were four Americans killed; and one of the dead was the consul / ambassador, J. Christopher Stevens (RIP).
What was fascinating, was to watch the churn and turbulence of facts, rumor, and attempted spin in real time as they came in over the course of the day.
Here were just a few of them...
1) An RPG was used to attack embassy vehicles.
2) The embassy was burned to the ground.
3) There were no Marines guarding the embassy.
4) The staff had received prior warning of the possibility of attacks.
5) The facility was guarded in part by armed guards from Libya, not all enlisted US personnel.
6) At one point, the local guards helped evacuate the staff to another facility...and then pointed out to the mob where the new facility was.
7) The first pretext for the attack was a poorly-made YouTube film critical of Islam.
8) The embassy staff was on Twitter with members of the crowd, at one point apologizing to them and proclaiming what a fine religion Islam was.
9) The White House did a stutter-step on the apology, first echoing, then calling back the apology.
10) There were stills and/or videos surfacing online of the dead ambassador being dragged through the streets (hefted over the shoulder like a sack of grain, dragged under the armpits with legs and arms dangling).
11) No, WAIT! The heroic Libyans were really *taking him to the hospital* (according to the utterly trustworthy Hillary Clinton and White Hut).
12) Mitt Romney issues a press conference, where the shills and whores not only attack him personally -- note especially the following gem:
"3. The world is watching. Isnt this itself a mixed signal when you criticize the administration at a time that Americans are being killed? Shouldnt politics stop for this? Source
13) By some *amazing* coincidence, the press members are caught on an open mike beforehand, discussing how to keep Romney on the defensive instead of asking Obaama pointed questions about his utter incompetence and "I will stand with them" attitude.
14) By an even *more* amazing coincidence, traitorous whores like John F'ing K (Pussy-MA) (who by the way served in Viet Nam but threw away his medals in protest and never has release his unredacted SF-180 as he promised to during his Presidential campaign) echo exactly the talking points of the press, saying this was "...Exactly the wrong time to throw political punches"
15) Nobody remarked how John F'ing K's lines were choreographed to match the press as well as a finale of Riverdance, let alone that he himself had condemned *American troops* in VietNam ("...razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan") as well as the "...If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq" insult of our modern troops.
16) In the meantime, our heroic President (Undocumented -- Hawaii/Indonesia/Chicago?) holds a press conference in which he is asked *one* hard question (not hard for anyone with balls larger than grains of sand) : "Is this an act of war?" (Correct answer: "We start bombing in five minutes") -- and turns tail and walks away.
17) He walks away, NOT to go to the Situation Room but to fundraise in Vegas.
18) In the meantime, the Administration issues a pro-Muslim statement that "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others" (giving the lie to their religious tolerance of Catholics on abortion rights), and, at the same time, The of the *personally* calls a Florida pastor and urges him to reconsider his support of the film which was the pretext for the attack on the embassy. (Whatever happened to freedom of speech?)
19) Oh, by the way, by the afternoon, even rabidly pro-Obama sources such as CNN (I'm sorry; *ALL* the press is now rabidly pro-Obama) reveal what everyone else with an IQ over the low 30s already knew:
a) the attacks in Egypt and Libya were linked
b) they both happened on .
20) By the end of the evening, there are sporadic reports of two US destroyers being sent to the coast of Libya (5-inch shells as found on destroyers have the approximate size of rounds from a main battle tank, and are in limited quantity; the destroyers are but lightly armored so cannot be brought inshore)
21) Also being sent is a rapid-response force of 50 marines to "secure the embassy". Heckuva job, Barry, as Bush said during Katrina. (Names changed to protect me against specious accusations of raaaaaaacism).
22) Also reported are accounts and twitter photos of civilians holding crudely littered signs in English apologizing to the US. (Did Valerie Jarrett or David Axelrod make some frenzied emails and phone calls? Have you ever, Ever, EVER, EVER heard of mobs in the "Arab street" *apologizing * to the US?
So, what lessons can we learn from this?
1) "Obama, you didn't defend that." (He's a coward.)
2) The press (and the inner chamber of the re-election team, but I repeat myself) has learned the lessons of
Jimmy Dhimmi Carter (Hamas -- GA): Carter failed when his weakness as a Commander in Chief was combined with malaise in the economy. The press is circling the wagons around Obaama, knowing that the American people are HUNGRY for a real man, a real leader.
3) The government is forbidden by the First Amendment from interfering in Free Speech (except that of Christians and those who disagree with Obama, such as the Gallup poll). So it is up to "We The People" to keep the press honest, since they will not police themselves.
Did 0bama get the 3AM phone call about the attacks?
"Have you stopped Tweeting your wife, Mr. Romney?" *PING*.
Valerie Jarrett received the 3am call and wrote a phone call memo for Obummer to read when he finished his joint.
Well done — good summary.
VJ: “Look what you’ve done, you big dummy. I TOLD you not to get 0sama. What a D00fus.”
The more we can make Obama the object of derision the more indefensible his incompetence becomes. Heap satire upon ridicule until it becomes a rank embarrassment to admit voting for him.
He is in reality lurching from absurdity to catastrophe not because he is incompetent-although that he clearly is-but because his fundamental conception of the exceptional role of America and the indispensable part it has play in the story of mankind is flawed, indeed, malevolent.
Again, well done!
Well said, dear grey_whiskers!
Ping to Excellent essay; also check out # 8.
Lest we forget:
In Audacity of Hope, page 261, Barack Hussein Obama writes:
I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
Excellent synopsis. Act of war against the USA? Go to Vegas!
That is right, the Muslim Brotherhood will take on the burden of your Obedience!
No More Free Speech, Freedom of Religion, and all those guns have got to go.
All it took was some deaths of a Few American Diplomats in Libya, the Rape of Copt Christians in Egypt and the Price of giving Iran the Bomb.
Please read this.
NO Cheers, unfortunately.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.