Skip to comments.13 Questions Evolution Can Answer, Intelligent Design Cannot
Posted on 02/12/2009 10:24:51 AM PST by steve-b
Stephen Bratteng, a biology teacher at Westwood High School in Austin put this together. I got the list from him when I heard him testify in favor of solid science in biology textbooks, in hearings before the Texas State Board of Education in 2003:
1. Why does giving vitamin and mineral supplements to undernourished anemic individuals cause so many of them to die of bacterial infections?
2. Why did Dr. Heimlich have to develop a maneuver to dislodge food particles from peoples wind pipes?
3. Why does each of your eyes have a blind spot and strong a tendency toward retinal detachment? But a squid whose eyesight is just as sharp does not have these flaws?
4. Why are depression and obesity at epidemic levels in the United States?
5. When Europeans came to the Americas, why did 90 percent of the Native Americans die of European diseases but not many Europeans died of American diseases?
6. Why do pregnant women get morning sickness?
7. Why do people in industrialized countries have a greater tendency to get Crohns disease and asthma?
8. Why does malaria still kill over a million people each year?
9. Why are so many of the product Depends sold each year?
10. Why do people given anti-diarrheal medication take twice as long to recover from dysentery as untreated ones?
11. Why do people of European descent have a fairly high frequency of an allele that can make them resistant to HIV infection?
12. Why do older men often have urinary problems?
13. And why do so many people in Austin get cedar fever?
(Excerpt) Read more at timpanogos.wordpress.com ...
One question neither side can answer to my satisfaction...
Why fight like cats and dogs over it? LOL
Because a company turned sh*t into gold.
If 80% of body heat goes out the top of your head why are there so many bald men? Evolution should make all people have thick hair on their heads ..... why can’t evolution answer that?
Because DDT was outlawed by leftists.
If EVOLUTION is logical, they most of these things shouldn’t exist under ‘Darwin’ either.
There are freepers in good standing who seriously argue that the earth is at the center of the universe.
You're arguing that squids are more highly evolved?
In answer to #8 - the reason for malaria is the banning of DDT ....
Try Bud Dry.
Where is the center of the universe then?
“You’re arguing that squids are more highly evolved? “
Have you seen Congress?
Intelligent design is just an attempt to develop a scientific method that can detect design. That’s it. The author of these questions seems to think that intelligent design is the belief that humans were designed, and have remained, as perfect as possible. But that’s not what intelligent design is about.
Well, I’m not sure the Stimulus bill was Intelligently Designed ...
I know what you mean!
I am the center of my personal universe!
Oh, are you the author? Feel free to reply then.
Why are depression and obesity at epidemic levels in the United States?
I can answer #7.
Because people in industrialized nations eat lots of wheat and wheat gluten which has been proven to cause Celiac disease which is an auto-immune disorder that leads to other diseases such as Chrohn’s or asthma. (Approx. 1 in 120 people affected and don’t know it.)
www.celiac.com (for those who doubt me)
People who are not in industrialized nations, don’t eat the pre-processed crap that we do! Garbage in - garbage - out!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.