Posted on 08/19/2026 2:41:39 PM PDT by Milagros
The Jerusalem Post @Jerusalem_Post: The head of Israel's Mossad spy agency, Roman Gofman, held a phone call with Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani last week, prior to the airstrike on a Syrian military base. The Israeli Prime Minister's Office said the strikes were due to Turkish military presence in Syria.
IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir, touring the Syrian front on Wednesday, said Israel wouldn’t “allow hostile forces to establish themselves on our borders.”
His remarks came two days after Israel struck the Abu Duhur military air base in Syria’s Idlib province, a response to a planned deployment of Turkish troops at the base.
“We are operating in a multi-front reality, in which the challenges are constantly changing and developing—the Syrian arena is one of them,” Zamir said.
“We see what is happening and are monitoring the changes on the Syrian front,” he added, saying that Israel must prevent the formation of any significant military threat on its borders.
Israel had previously warned it would not permit Turkey to build up forces in Syria.
Aug 19, 2026.
JNS
Israel BLOWS UP Negotiation Envoys From Turkey That Were Meeting With Syrian Officials In Attempt To Prevent Syria From Entering The Nuclear Umbrella Defense Alliance Of Pakistan, Turkey, & Saudi Arabia!
Ok
Sounds important, you should start an Alex Jones thread on it
I can understand that Israel doesn’t want armed Muslim Brotherhood supporters in the country next door.
I don’t blame them.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.