Posted on 03/09/2022 7:13:26 AM PST by Timber Rattler
Construction of the controversial pipeline, which would have raised Canada’s oil-sands export capacity to the U.S. by almost 900,000 barrels a day, had already begun when the project was scrapped last year by the U.S., Alberta Premier Jason Kenney said during a news conference. U.S. President Joe Biden canceled a key permit for Keystone XL on his first day in office, citing environmental concerns.
“We could turn this around in less than a year,” Kenney said on Monday.
Kenney’s comments come as crude prices surged to almost $140 a barrel after the U.S. said it was looking at a potential ban on Russian oil imports. Keystone XL has been controversial since it was proposed more than a decade ago because it would allow production to grow in carbon-intensive oil sands.
The U.S. government has been reaching out to major oil producers including Venezuela, which is under sanctions, to find replacements for Russian oil after that country’s invasion of Ukraine. It has also been working to restore a nuclear pact with Iran that would allow that country’s oil to return to the market. The U.S. would be better off turning to its northern neighbor for crude than seeking out “dictator oil,” Kenney said.
(Excerpt) Read more at hastingstribune.com ...
Oil sands production is a violation of the tenets of the Church of Carbon dioxide. So, Keystone pipeline is heresy.
Hey Canada, you along with other countries wanted Trump gone. Deal with the consequences.
‘“We could turn this around in less than a year,” Kenney said on Monday.’
Is he saying that the pipeline could be operative in less than a year?
“We could turn this around in less than a year,” Kenney said on Monday.
We can have an impact in repeating this story. Reference it often, write an editorial somewhere. Repeat the truth, that is a counter to lies.
The game isn’t over folks. It is over when we don’t do our part and give up.
Unfortunately, it is too late.
They completed 8 percent of it
The Alaskan pipeline pumping at 25% capacity isn’t helping matters (and certainly part of the plan).
TMX has said they have no intention of building it, even if all regulations governing it were lifted.
When they were building it, they had bought almost all the available pipe that was available in North America. Now, there is almost nothing left to build.
It would basically take another two years to get all the pipe again and all the workers before they could even begin. The Democrats and liberals know full well that the company will not take the risk of building it, because there is no guarantee over the next 5 years what would happen.
Original projection was for 2023, before Biden.
And just who does our President think controls Venezuelan oil?
“They completed 8 percent of it”
What is the progress on the rest of it. Example: How much of it was 90% completed? How much of it was 50% completed?
Didn’t I read that the Venezuela production was down do to guberment screw ups running to system?
You mean admit they were wrong?
No way.
Doesn’t it have something to do with Indian tribes complaining that they don’t want the pipeline going thru their territories?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.