Skip to comments.Ayatollah Roberts and His Sharia Council
Posted on 06/28/2015 6:17:32 PM PDT by Hojczyk
Constitutional torture is an art, and Chief Justice John Roberts has emerged as its Andy Warhol: an impresario who will put his name on anything.
It is uncomfortable to think about, but our Supreme Court functions in much the same way as Irans Guardian Council: It is a supralegislative body of purported scholars, distinguished by ceremonial black robes, that imaginatively applies ancient doctrines conscious of the present needs and the issues of the day, as the ayatollahs over there and over here both put it, deciding discovering! what is mandatory and what is forbidden as the shifting currents of politics dictate.
The main difference is that the Iranians take their sharia rather more seriously than we take our constitutional law: John Robertss opinion in Burwell wasnt just wrong wrong can be forgiven it was embarrassing, craven, and intellectually indefensible. Antonin Scalia was right to let him have it with both barrels, but hed do better to resign from the Supreme Court it is difficult to see how an honorable man could be associated with it.
The gentlemen who wrote the Constitution did not get around to enfranchising women or abolishing slavery, but they snuck in a constitutional right to gay marriage that weve somehow overlooked for 228 years or so: No mentally functional adult, regardless of his views on gay marriage, should be expected to pretend that that is true.
(Excerpt) Read more at nationalreview.com ...
Scotus: antiquated liberal whores pandering to the corrupt left. What can go wrong?
SCOTUS - Socialist Court of Totalitarians Undermining Society America’s robed mullahs.
Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Thus the beneficiaries are spared the shame, danger, and scruple which their acts would otherwise involve. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons, and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim when he defends himself as a criminal
How to Identify Legal Plunder
But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime.
Then abolish this law without delay, for it is not only an evil itself, but also it is a fertile source for further evils because it invites reprisals. If such a law which may be an isolated case is not abolished immediately, it will spread, multiply, and develop into a system.
You would use the law to oppose socialism? But it is upon the law that socialism itself relies. Socialists desire to practice legal plunder, not illegal plunder. Socialists, like all other monopolists, desire to make the law their own weapon. And when once the law is on the side of socialism, how can it be used against socialism? For when plunder is abetted by the law, it does not fear your courts, your gendarmes, and your prisons. Rather, it may call upon them for help.
The Results of Legal Plunder
It is impossible to introduce into society a greater change and a greater evil than this: the conversion of the law into an instrument of plunder.
Frederic Bastiat - The Law
a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion.
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
Kevin Williams always nails it. He is the awesomeist guy at NRO!
I was surprised to see that Roberts has already turned 60. I thought he was about 48. He doesn’t look his age, but acts out his inherent liberalism.
This article is worthless, the writer is a fool.
Almost always, nobody is perfect