Skip to comments.Immigration protest canceled over ‘death threats from Mexican cartels’
Posted on 09/21/2014 5:29:10 AM PDT by Olog-hai
Conservative activists who planned to protest against illegal immigration and President Obamas immigration policies on Saturday said they had canceled all events after receiving death threats from Mexican drug cartels.
Activists had planned to use vehicles as barricades to shut down border crossings at 17 locations in four statesArizona, California, New Mexico and Texas. But the event, called Shut Down All Ports of Entry, was canceled early on Saturday morning by organizer Stasyi Barth, who said she had received the threats.
In August, a similar protest was canceled after organizers claimed they had been threatened by Mexican drug cartels. The organizer of that 30-vehicle Border Convoy, Eric Odom, canceled a rally meant for El Paso in Texas, but did not specify which cartel might have threatened his group.
(Excerpt) Read more at theguardian.com ...
I’m broke. Pass the hat and I’ll be the first to go and dare them to shoot me.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.