Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Combat mission continues as US-Iraqi raid kills 7 in Fallujah(Add"End of Combat"to list of 0's Lies)
McClatchy Newspapers ^ | Jamal Naji

Posted on 09/15/2010 2:12:02 PM PDT by bestintxas

U.S. and Iraqi forces raided a neighborhood in the longtime Sunni Muslim insurgent stronghold of Fallujah early Wednesday, Iraqi officials said, killing seven people in the deadliest joint operation since President Barack Obama announced the end of the American combat mission in Iraq two weeks ago.

The incident underscored how American forces remain engaged in offensive operations despite Obama's declaration that the fewer than 50,000 remaining U.S. troops would focus on advising and training the Iraqi military and police.

Iraqi police officials said that the raid, which also wounded three people, began when the U.S.-Iraqi team set off explosives around 1:30 a.m. in the Jubail neighborhood of Fallujah, about 40 miles west of Baghdad. American military helicopters supported the joint operation, according to residents.

Witnesses said that soldiers fatally shot several members of two families and raided the neighboring home of Yaseen Kassar, a former lieutenant colonel in the Iraqi army under Saddam Hussein. Kassar also was killed.

U.S. military officials refused to comment on the operation, and there was no information on whether Kassar or any of the other individuals killed had been the targets of the raid.

A senior police official in Fallujah, who spoke only on the condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to talk to journalists, said Iraqi forces had sent advance word that a raid was coming but didn't offer details.

U.S. and Iraqi forces seized four of the dead bodies, witnesses said.

(Excerpt) Read more at mcclatchydc.com ...


TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: obama
The war is ended, Obama declared just a short time ago, remember?
1 posted on 09/15/2010 2:12:05 PM PDT by bestintxas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: bestintxas

Declaring the end of combat was Obama’s way of telling the MSM to quit reporting on the war as he has ended it. And, naturally, the MSM is in complete compliance; the war will now become a fiction ginned up by those evil, hateful conservatives.


2 posted on 09/15/2010 2:21:28 PM PDT by Spok (Free Range Republican)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: bestintxas

All combat units were withdrawn. Therefore, these troops must have been drawn either from the 123rd Pencil Pusher Brigade, or from the CENTCOM JAG OFFs. /s

Seriously, God keep these doubly brave men— doubly because they’re brave enough to face the foreign enemy on behalf of the domestic enemy.


3 posted on 09/15/2010 2:25:05 PM PDT by ExGeeEye (Good video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIPoPw9zgvQ&feature=player_embedded)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: bestintxas

Leaving our troops out there to get picked off. hussein´s islamism advances.


4 posted on 09/15/2010 2:41:06 PM PDT by onedoug
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson